Lobbyist Government Affairs Office DC, Managing Director
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve.
We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Government Affairs Office (GAO) Managing Director(MD) will have strong analytical and communication skills to evaluate and effectively transmit current legislative news and activities to management. Working with the Head of the Government and Regulatory Affairs Office, the GAO MD will develop advocacy priorities that align with the short and long term goals of the Board and its shareholders.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day government affairs functions and the advocacy functions of MUFG’s D.C. office. They will be a key spokesperson to advocate MUFG’s agenda to Federal policy makers.
- Review and refine strategy and tactical execution plan for the GAO strategy
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Washington, D.C. office along with providing periodic updates on relevant developments on the Federal regulatory and legislative agenda with the potential of materially impacting the U.S. based and overall business activities of MUFG
- Work with the Head of GAO to coordinate with the U.S. Corporate Social Responsibility where necessary and to develop a plan to monitor relevant state developments that may impact MUFG’s U.S. operations
- Establish and maintain relationships on Capitol Hill, in the Administration and informal (but critical) lobbyist information networks
- Attend all relevant committee hearings and roundtables aligned with advocacy priorities or issues critical to MUFG strategy
- Experience in developing and implementing a legislative/advocacy strategy
- Required to register as a lobbyist for MUFG
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ related Lobbyist or related work experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to negotiate and cooperate with globally diverse stakeholders
- Experience with meetings on Capitol Hill
- Experience regarding operating within the bounds of the LDA and/or FARA, PAC issues and FEC reporting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-09