Manager, Activation & Outreach
Do you have a passion for government affairs, grassroots advocacy, and outreach? Are you a leader who enjoys working with cross-functional teams towards a common goal? If so, Altria may have the role for you!
Altria’s Government Affairs department in Washington, D.C. is currently seeking a highly qualified Manager, Activation & Outreach to join our team. In this role you will manage legislative and regulatory activations for on federal, state and local issues.
- Build, execute, and lead all aspects of traditional and digital grassroots activations programs and campaigns.
- Manage existing advocacy websites and social media platforms and expand digital outreach capabilities.
- Develop, execute, and apply research driven strategies to improve activations; develop and test new advocacy tools.
- Craft and implement audience growth strategies, including developing and implementing creative solutions to attract new advocates.
- Deepen existing audience engagement through traditional and digital strategies and tactics, including attending in-person events.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with internal clients.
- Manage external vendors and consultants, lead cross-functional project teams, and strategically allocate resources and manage budgets.
- Assist in the development and implementation of legislative and regulatory strategies as a participant in broader Government Affairs initiatives. This could include assisting with public opinion research and public policy research and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, or other related discipline.
- Five or more years of related experience, including extensive experience in grassroots issue advocacy and digital / social advertising or advocate outreach.
- Passion for grassroots advocacy and understanding what motivates people to act.
- Deep understanding of the legislative process and campaign management strategies.
- Broad exposure to government affairs, political campaigns and legislative activity.
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentation) as applied to a broad variety of partner communities, (i.e. executives, shareholders, consumers, legislators, retail and trade partners).
- Validated influencing, collaboration and diplomacy skills, including influencing without authority and building strategic collaborative partnerships to engage diverse audiences.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to translate strategic objectives into impactful plans and processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Talent and agility to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and the ability to lead multiple projects with varying timelines.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Nat Sherman. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80% interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer. Altria’s significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity.
At Altria, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. It’s only through diverse perspectives and insights that we will be able to take on the important challenges we will face to dramatically transform our business – and our industry. The work opportunities and experiences, combined with training, development, and advancement programs, allow our employees to achieve their full potential and deliver superior business results. We have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction in the next 10 years than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2021-01-06