Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Advocacy Communications
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we’re providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country’s lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we’re speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
JOB TYPE: Hybrid with remote work flexibility. Candidates can be based near our Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, Baltimore, MD or Kennett Square, PA offices.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Constellation’s Advocacy Communications team is charged with creating strategic, innovative and integrated campaigns focused on driving public support to achieve the company’s policy outcomes. As a key member of the Advocacy team, the Digital Advocacy Manager is responsible for working closely with the Sr. Manager, Advocacy Communications, to develop digital strategy, oversee content development, and execute integrated campaigns focused on achieving clean energy policy outcomes. The Digital Advocacy Manager provides digital omni-channel marketing support to Constellation’s companywide policy strategy, as detailed in the primary duties and accountabilities below. The Manager regularly reviews and approves digital content for ongoing campaigns. The Manager regularly analyzes and reports on campaign performance, conducts real-time monitoring, and makes digital strategy and content recommendations to improve campaigns, based on multiple data sources. The Manager will also be responsible for programmatic aspects of digital functions, such as budget oversight, platform contract management and vendor auditing and selection. The Manager will work closely with internal teams from government affairs, corporate communications and others throughout Constellation’s operating companies to drive message consistency across channels and alignment on larger integrated campaign strategies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop omni-channel digital advocacy campaigns, including digital infrastructure (e.g. websites), organic social media, digital and social advertising, email campaigns and heavy cross-channel content.
- Maintain cross-channel content calendar to include ad flights, organic social media and email across all digital coalitions.
- Build, execute and lead – working closely with the Sr. Manager, Advocacy Communications – all aspects of digital grassroots activations programs and campaigns.
- Oversee web development projects related to Advocacy work and process as needed.
- Develop, execute and apply data-driven strategies to improve activations; develop and test new advocacy tactics and tools.
- Craft and implement organic and paid audience growth strategies, including developing and implementing creative solutions to attract new advocates.
- Manage external consultants and platforms, and strategically allocate and manage digital budget and contracts.
- The Manager will be responsible for, though not limited to, the following deliverables: Weekly content for email and social media, Policy-specific email, social media, and advertising as needed, Cross-channel content analysis and monitoring, Monitoring email list hygiene and sender reputation management, Strategic recommendations across all digital changes, Comprehensive ad buys with creative targeting, Comprehensive data-based optimization across platforms, Weekly analytics reports and other reporting as requested, Bi-weekly budget tracking and reports
- Position reports to Sr. Manager, Advocacy Communications
- Serve as primary point of contact for digital advocacy strategy with internal teams and external vendors.
- Serve as Sr. Manager, Advocacy Communications, when the Sr. Manager is absent or unavailable.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and a minimum 8 years’ experience in communications, campaign management or community/grassroots engagement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the energy industry
- Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal.
- Strong demonstrated ability to produce and execute multi-channel, digital marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of email marketing, including tactics and hygiene measures, and digital advertising strategies and tactics across multiple targeting channels.
- Knowledge of and experience with the full range of digital acquisition strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience with the effective use of analytics to evaluate and consistently improve all aspects of a digital communication program.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to translate strategic objectives into impactful plans.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Talent and agility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the ability to lead multiple projects with varying timelines.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms, along with persuading and educating stakeholders/readers.
- Experience managing or interacting with digital agencies and internal IT stakeholders.
- Familiarity with design and web development processes and guiding principles.
- Familiarity with social media channels and policies.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns with differing strategies simultaneously while paying close attention to tactical details (task-oriented executer)
- Ability to work strategically and interface easily with senior business leaders and external audiences including local elected officials, media and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Policy, or related field.
- Experience on a state or federal political campaign.
- Nuclear communications or policy experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-03