Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
The Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement is a member of NACHC’s National Grassroots Advocacy team. The Manager is responsible for identifying and implementing best practices to equip and mobilize grassroots advocates. The successful candidate will design and implement non-partisan grassroots initiatives to ensure access to affordable, quality, and equitable health care.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Under the leadership of the Director of National Grassroots Advocacy, collaborate with NACHC’s public policy and research teams to build distributive leadership within the health center movement and increase education and mobilization of health centers related to NACHC’s advocacy issue campaigns.
- Assist with the development and coordination of interdepartmental legislative and regulatory advocacy strategies.
- Assist with creation and implementation of tactics to shift power by increasing the number of health center advocates and improve their leadership in advocacy campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist with development of tools and resources to support advocate leadership development.
- Provide regular updates on policy campaigns and engagement strategies.
2) Develop and implement strategy for and execution of all advocacy communications.
- Draft and disseminate of advocacy communications, including the Collect content from policy and research teams and produce the weekly Washington Update e-newsletter.
- Coordinate calls to action/campaigns and policy updates.
- Create posts and maintain engagement on social media channels (Twitter and Facebook).
3) Design and manage advocacy websites – HCAdvocacy (incl, the Quorum Action Center) and National Health Center Week.
- Create graphics to use on websites and social media channels.
- Identify best placement of resources, tools, and other advocacy social media assets.
4) Develop tools/resources for sharing best practices and advocacy innovations.
- Identify best practices in advocacy communications industry.
- Create shareable tools for advocates to easily learn and adopt new practices.
5) Work with the Director on communication/marketing/messaging-related elements of NACHC conferences.
- Create graphics for signage, program, and other conference engagement.
- Design swag and advocacy engagement tools for in-person events.
6) Collaborate on National Health Center Week (NHCW) responsibilities and deliverables.
- Brainstorm annual theme.
- Create graphics and social media assets for NHCW campaign.
- Update NHCW website annually.
- Work with NACHC’s Communications Division to develop strategy for sharing content and on communications components of National Health Center Week.
GENERAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1) Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; and minimum five years related work experience.
2) Three to five years of communications and/or grassroots advocacy experience.
3) Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of racial equity and inclusion.
4) Commitment to NACHC’s mission and goals.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1) Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
2) Working knowledge of WordPress, Elementor, or other website editing tools.
3) Working knowledge of Quorum, SparkInfluence or other advocacy platforms.
4) Experience in digital media or graphic design a plus.
1) Strong verbal and written communications.
2) Fluency in Spanish including English to Spanish translation ability (verbally and written) preferred.
3) Exceptional attention to detail.
4) Commitment to customer service.
5) Recognition of the importance of interdepartmental coordination and communication, and of the need to keep leadership informed of problems and issues.
Apply through our career site:https://nachc.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0x5ix?cjb_hash=O_aySm82&apply_now=true
Job posted: 2023-09-08