Manager, Advocacy Communications and Engagement
National Association of Community Health Centers
The Manager of Advocacy Communications and Engagement is a member of NACHC’s National Grassroots Advocacy team. The Manager is responsible for identifying and implementing best practices to equip and mobilize grassroots advocates. The successful candidate will design and implement non-partisan grassroots initiatives to ensure access to affordable, quality and equitable health care.
What You Will Do:
Under the leadership of the Director of National Grassroots Advocacy, collaborate with NACHC’s public policy and research teams to educate health centers about policy issues related to NACHC’s advocacy issues campaigns, and provide timely updates as they occur.
· Develop and implement strategy for and execution of all advocacy communications, including newsletters, calls to action/campaigns, policy updates, blog, videos, social media websites.
· Assist State Legislative Coordinators in identifying, training, and supporting Health
· Center Advocacy Coordinators and other key contacts.
· Manage the advocacy database and online advocacy platform (including affiliate accounts), including regular maintenance and reporting.
· Work with the Director on communication/marketing/messaging-related elements related to NACHC conferences
· Drafting and dissemination of advocacy communications, tools, and resources to support advocate education and effective response to federal and state advocacy campaigns
· Work with NACHC’s Communications Division to develop strategy for sharing content and on communications components of National Health Center Week.
· Work with the Director in the planning, coordination, and conducting of the Advocacy Leadership Program.
· Develop platform/forum and associated tools/resources for sharing best practices and advocacy innovations, including a space for advocates to connect and dialogue with their peers.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; and minimum five years related work experience
· Fluency in Spanish including English to Spanish translation ability (verbally and written)
· Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Outlook); familiarity with online advocacy tools a plus
· Three to five years of communications and/or grassroots advocacy experience
· Strong verbal and written communications.
· Knowledge of online advocacy tools and the use of social media for advocacy.
· Experience in digital media or graphic design a plus.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to engage at a high level with issues of racial equity and inclusion.
· Commitment to NACHC’s mission and goals.
· Recognition of importance of interdepartmental coordination and communication, and of the need to keep leadership informed of problems and issue
Job posted: 2019-06-13