Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Athleta Communications
For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will work in an energizing, fast paced and nimble environment on a small and scrappy team. You will build, develop and execute innovative internal and external communications strategies to support the brand’s business initiatives. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, develop, implement, and execute strategic communications. You will develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage your understanding of industry trends to shape stories that convey the company’s priorities, values, and market position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with the business to build a narrative that communicates our company’s business objectives, culture, and values to our employees, prospective employees, shareholders, media and customers
- Design, edit, and oversee the distribution of internal and external communication materials, including newsletters, presentations, FAQs and messaging, press materials, leader notes/executive comms
- Provide guidance and support to executive management for internal and external meetings
- Track and measure effectiveness of communication plans
- Develop narratives, messaging and press materials to support launches, internal events and executive thought leadership
- Plan and execute internal employee events including Town Halls, brand huddles and more
- Execute media pitching and manage media interviews
- Manage tracking databases and develop ongoing recaps, reports and evaluations
- Support the development of key press materials including press releases, media alerts, and talking points
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to drive cultural and/or change initiatives, and position a brand/company as a great place to work
- Creative, innovative, and curious; ability to move from concept to ideation to execution; strong bias for action
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and oversee multiple concurrent projects and workstreams with various business partners
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills, including speechwriting experience; proven track record of delivering exceptional written work
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills; strong executive presence
BENEFITS AT ATHLETA
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $106,700 – $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Job posted: 2023-08-31