Manager, AWS Public Policy, California State, Local, and Education
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, innovative, and experienced individual to represent the cloud computing business of Amazon, Earth’s most customer-centric company, before state and local policymakers and senior government executives in California. This role on the AWS public policy team is focused on increasing adoption of cloud computing services throughout the state, supporting our technology infrastructure and operations in the state, and advancing data security and other policy priorities across California’s state and local governments and educational institutions.
In this role, you will work directly with business leaders, support teams, and customers to develop and execute effective government affairs advocacy strategies to protect and advance AWS interests before California’s state and local governments and educational institutions. You will work closely with our public sector and commercial businesses to create a policy environment that promotes cloud adoption to help customers thrive. You will be involved in the expansion of technology infrastructure to continuously improve the customer experience. You will be working to advance cloud friendly policies that protect customer data and foster innovation. You will achieve goals using a variety of tactics including direct lobbying, managing consultants, working through trade associations, building coalitions, making campaign contributions, and more as needed.
The position is based in California in either Sacramento, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
· A bachelor’s degree.
· At least 5+ years of experience in state and local lobbying and/or commensurate legislative or executive branch experience.
· Experience in the Internet/information technology industry before state and local policymakers in California, including significant experience on public sector acquisition and procurement policy.
· Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to information technology (IT) issues and policies such as cloud computing, IT governance, budget reform, data security, privacy, education, energy, sustainability, procurement, government contracting, cybersecurity, corporate compliance, regulated industries, and taxes.
· Demonstrated experience in written and oral communications, including and preparation of public speaking.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, state and local government levels.
· Track record of conducting business according to the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity.
· Self-starter with proven record of accomplishment of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
· Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
· History of working both independently and as part of a broader team with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
· Demonstrated examples of good judgment and thoughtful decision-making, and political acumen.
· The ability to travel based on business need.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24