Manager, Brand & Integrated Communications
Join Women for Women’s Global Communications Team
Women for Women International (WfWI) has an immediate opportunity for a Manager, Brand & Integrated Communications.
Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women’s abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
This position serves as an essential communications link between programmatic and marketing work and is responsible for the creation of multi-channel communications content and ensuring brand integrity in external communications, to advance WfWI’s mission and engage supporters.
This role will source, create and oversee content management, ensuring consistent brand messaging across all WfWI’s channels and will work closely with Country program offices to demonstrate the impact of WfWI’s programs.
The location for this position is flexible within the United States with a preference for Washington, D.C. or New York City.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Integrated Content Strategy & Creation
- Write and collaborate with other writers and designers, across Departments and externally, to create compelling storytelling pieces for digital and print channels, with appropriate visuals, that demonstrate the impact of WfWI’s work, engage supporters including new donors (individual, foundations, institution and corporate) as well as retain existing supporters.
- Be highly proactive and strategic in identifying and managing storytelling opportunities across the organization, including working closely with program teams in Country Offices and Communications teams in UK and Germany offices
- Edit, produce, disseminate and manage branded collaterals such as annual report, factsheets, brochures, program impact collaterals, campaign collaterals in support of donor stewardship and the organization’s fundraising goals
- Analyze performance metrics for content engagement, including marketing campaigns to understand effectiveness of communications strategy for continuous improvement
- Champion WfWI’s new brand, supporting its rollout and adoption globally
- Support Country Offices with brand compliance, providing recommendations for local adaptations where relevant
- Maintain and monitor brand integrity, ensuring implementation of WfWI’s brand guidelines across all channels and collaterals
- Conduct Brand training with internal teams and partners as required
- Liaise with program and country-based teams to tease out stories of impact.
- Serve as the focal point in the MDC Department to streamline content requests and shape programmatic and impact content, in support of fundraising goals
Project & Process Management
- Collaborates across program country offices to develop a meaningful process for collection of stories and relevant assets that is flexible and scalable for Country Offices
- Assist Director of Communications to Implement an equity focused communications strategy and Disseminate content across WfWI’s earned and owned media channels, ensuring brand consistency.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, or related field
- 7 – 9 years of experience in communications
- Superior English language writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with focus and experience in synthesizing complex content into essential, compelling messages for a range of mediums including websites, long form content (blogs, Op-eds, etc.) as well as short form such newsletters
- Experience managing and overseeing creative projects, including working with designers and multi-media content producers
- Ability to troubleshoot and be flexible in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Working knowledge of tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Teams and Office apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks and stay focused in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Master’s degree in Communications or related field
- Experience working in international non-profit communications or marketing
- Experience working with Content Management Systems such as Drupal
- Graphic design, photography and videography experience a plus
- Interest in women’s issues and international development
You can view the detailed job description below;
All our staff are required to adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and to our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
At Women for Women International, we know that our people and organizational culture provide the foundation to achieve our mission. Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are central to everything we do. Read our commitment to DEI
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through our career page here: https://www.womenforwomen.org/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-11-02