Manager, Coalition and Advocacy Campaigns
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Rising grassroots advocacy professional with ability to partner in development and execution of legislative advocacy strategies to advance organization and business goals. Responsible for development and implementation of strategic engagement/relationships and collaborations with patient advocacy organizations, provider organizations, and other external non-governmental stakeholders to drive initiatives that promote the value of pharmacy.
Strong project management and relationship-development skills with the ability to quickly develop both “on-the-ground” and digital advocacy campaigns. Proven multi-tasker with ability to support both the state and federal legislative priorities of a fast-paced public affairs team.
Results-oriented professional capable of executing flawlessly on projects big and small. Team player who can collaborate with internal partners in business units and corporate functions, as well as external partners like trade associations and business organizations and other relevant stakeholder groups.
Creative and resourceful in navigating a complex matrixed corporation with internal clients and external customer sets in every segment that mirror the many transformations underway in today’s healthcare ecosystem. This position does not include federal or state lobbying responsibilities.
Position reports to Senior Director Public Affairs with multiple project management accountabilities.
Project Management & Coalition Building
- Serve as primary point of contact between Corporate Public Affairs and McKesson customer advocacy programs
- Coordinate MCK internal workgroups including agenda, work product timelines, follow-up items, and deadlines
- Develop and manage applications for recruiting advocates, identifying stakeholders, tracking engagement, and setting benchmarks for successful advocacy campaigns
- Quickly identify and cultivate potential third-party allies and key stakeholders into engaged and persuasive advocacy partners
- Work with McKesson trade association leads and manage both formal and ad hoc coalitions
- Coordinate advocacy events in state capitols
- Plan and execute McKesson facility and pharmacy tours with elected officials and store owners
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with elected officials and key customers
- Planning and execution of government affairs communications strategy, programs, and activities to support Public Affairs Department, and company policy objectives.
- Drafting collateral including web content, facts sheets, talking points, white papers, key messages, FAQs.
- Develop and execute comprehensive digital advocacy programs to support pharmacy public policy priorities.
- Maintain social media channels – Source, create, vet, and deploy digital advocacy content related to pharmacy policy trends and business objectives.
- Collaborate with McKesson’s Corporate Communications or Business Unit communications teams to incorporate content into those channels as appropriate.
5 to 7 years of experience with increasing responsibility and demonstrated superior project management and advocacy campaign skills. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional relationship-building and networking skills
- Experience developing and executing advocacy campaign plans
- Thorough understanding of social media and digital advocacy
- Experience with grassroots campaign management
- Experience with content management systems and customer relationship management applications
- Understanding of government, legislative, regulatory, and political processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, re-prioritizing as needed
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently while collaborating closely with and remaining connected to a dispersed team
- Results-oriented with flawless attention to detail
- Ability to reflect and demonstrate McKesson “ICARE” employee principles: integrity, customer-first, accountability, respect, and excellence
Bachelor’s degree in any of various communications, government, business, or healthcare disciplines required.
Travel: <50%, as needed
General office and travel-associated demands
Role to be based in Washington, DC – no relocation assistance provided.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.
By providing your personal information here, you are acknowledging our privacy statement. (English) http://www.mckesson.com/about-mckesson/privacy-notice-careers-EN/
Job posted: 2021-09-14