Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Colleague Communications
Work Location Options:
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague share in the company’s success.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
We are seeking a strong and versatile communications professional to join our team as Manager, Colleague Communications. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing multimedia communications to help keep American Express colleagues well informed of company priorities, performance and key initiatives. Reporting to and primarily supporting the Director, Executive Communications, this role will also be a resource for the broader Colleague Communications team, working in close collaboration with colleagues to provide editorial and planning support as needed.
- Manage high-visibility programs and content including:
- Announcements, key messages and other communications materials supporting a range of important enterprise initiatives
- Communications and management support for the company’s premier recognition programs
- Ongoing communications to support a strong business conduct environment and promote the company’s values
- News and feature content on the company’s intranet and Slack platforms, collaborating with and supporting the Square editorial team as needed
- Writing support for senior executive communications
- Enhance the company’s digital screen network by driving an integrated strategy, curating an editorial calendar of enterprise content, and driving greater coordination across our major locations
- Manage the company’s New York market communications strategy, including ongoing management of the NY Metro intranet site. In addition, serve as a member of the NY/Northeast and Midwest Crisis Response Team.
- Provide project management and editorial support for senior leadership forums.
- Provide support for ongoing Executive Communications activities, including colleague roundtables and other engagement events.
- Must be an excellent writer and editor
- Highly skilled in developing video and digital content, design skills a plus
- An experienced project manager who can lead complex efforts and drive results
- A strong team player who collaborates effectively across many groups
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate communications and/or related agency experience
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $155,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we’ll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-29