In your role as Manager, Communications you will support the implementation of communications strategies for Making Cents International and multi-million-dollar projects. As a well-rounded communications professional, you will use your excellent writing and editing skills to develop communication materials that clearly tell the story of our work. Drawing on your experience in graphic design, you will develop graphics for social media and provide layout assistance with project reports and publications for diverse external audiences.
- Generate communications material such as web content, fact sheets, brochures, and reports for a range of external audiences (e.g., funders, partners, key sector area leaders, implementers, youth leaders); includes creating content and managing approvals, production, and distribution
- Further develop Making Cents’ corporate communication strategy in order to share widely our capabilities, expertise, and thought leadership
- Contribute to project-specific and business development-related communication efforts, including social media messaging, material development, editing, information dissemination, graphic design, advocacy campaigns, and media outreach, ensuring consistency with corporate, client, and project identity standards
- Write and edit a variety of documents (e.g., website content, publications, blogs, articles, presentations) on behalf of technical experts for distribution to external audiences
- Support conference coordination as well as the development and delivery of in-person and virtual (webinars, webcasts and other digital media) learning events
- Represent Making Cents effectively at corporate and industry events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years’ progressively responsible professional experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in communications
- Writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Graphic design and layout experience (Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Word)
- Event coordination experience
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Our ideal candidates are:
- Exceptional writers, communicators, and presenters
- Interested in international development and youth development
- Experienced supporting USAID, foundation, or other donor-focused communications
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Able to work independently
Normal office environment; ability and willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries. Travel up to 10% may be required.
Making Cents International is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job posted: 2020-06-11