CarMax, the way your career should be!
Manage the development and execution of multi-channel communication strategy for significant enterprise initiatives. Develop strategy and manage execution of key internal communications processes and programs. Manage client relationships and provide comprehensive communication support (strategic consultation, email, talking points, videos, intranet articles) for the business area(s) with the highest demand and need for expertise. Through communication programming, help implement company initiatives, support company values, engage and inform associates, and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time by performing the following duties.
Manager, Communications (Business Area Communications)
About this job
The Manager, Communications develops and executes integrated communication strategies for business area initiatives with the highest demand and need for expertise, utilizing products across various channels, including but not limited to email, articles for the company intranet, video, leader talking points, and FAQ documents. This individual serves as a trusted communications advisor to business area leaders at different levels across the organization and provides communications counsel for complex business issues.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Serve as lead business client services manager for operational communications.
- Consult with executives, key clients, and subject matter experts to develop, manage, and implement strategic communications for key initiatives in various business areas.
- Serve as key strategic project team member in various department or cross-functional group and team meetings to support communication planning.
- Set vision and develop, plan and implement management of processes and measurement strategy supporting the CarMax Communications mailbox and email distribution tool for distribution list management.
- Leverage metrics, technology, and industry best practices to develop and implement new and innovative communication mediums and tools to increase communication effectiveness.
- Write, review and proofread a variety of communication materials (print, talking points, online, video and social) to support significant company initiatives.
- Write video scripts for business area or enterprise project videos.
Purpose of the role
This role is critical to supporting the communication needs for the major business areas of CarMax. The ideal candidate is a communications leader with expertise in business strategy communications, writing/creating multimedia communication products, managing video production, and content management/strategy for company intranets. They will have demonstrated experience managing executive relationships and influencing and coaching/developing others.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing, or similar
- 5-7 years’ experience in corporate communications, preferably in consumer/retail related environment
- Communication planning for large organizations preferred
- Intranet content management/design experience
- Internal video production
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, and ability to adapt a message for all mediums and audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of associates, to include top executives
- Ability to make technical information accessible
Analytical and Reasoning Skills:
- This position requires strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, complex situations and manage change effectively
- Ability to contribute individually, and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02