Position Summary: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, DC and New York, represents the global alternative investment industry and its investors by advocating for regulatory, tax, and other public policies that foster efficient, transparent, fair capital markets. The MFA communications team advances the overall mission by representing the organization’s position on public policy and shapes how stakeholders view the industry through the press and MFA’s multi-channel communications strategy.
MFA is seeking a team member who will work with the communications team and across functions to advance communications initiatives for the Association. The team member will collaborate with members of the legal and government relations teams and with outside consultants to help effectively communicate policy and regulatory matters to media, external, and member audiences.
The ideal candidate is a strong strategic thinker with experience working in a fast-paced communications operation in multi-client consulting, industry, a trade association, or government. In a typical day, a successful candidate will send newsclips, produce a deck for members firms, field press inquiries, draft social media posts and graphics, and update the website. The manager must be a team player, self-starter, organized, and willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
Essential Responsibilities: The Manager, Communications will report directly to Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Head of Global Communications; and will perform the following responsibilities:
- Support the execution of media relations strategies, including but not limited to writing press statements, reports, and other public-facing material;
- Update the Association’s website as needed;
- Manage MFA’s social media activities to include, drafting social posts and graphics, creating content calendars, and monitoring social media;
- Support press engagement activities (i.e. schedule conference calls and press events);
- Manage marketing and member communication email blasts;
- Assemble and distribute daily news clips to members and internal stakeholders;
- Develop content, presentations, and other material for internal and external audiences; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum 3- 5 years of experience with progressive responsibility in a fast-paced communications operation in multi-client consulting, industry, a trade association, or government is preferred. Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with front-end web development (HTML, CSS) is preferred.
- Experience working with email marketing platforms, and web content management systems (WordPress), using best practices, is required. Advanced PowerPoint skills are required.
- Graphic design (Adobe creative suite) skills are required.
- Excellent writing, copy-editing, proofreading, and verbal communications skills are required.
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail in data entry and reporting.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a fast-paced environment, implementing last-minute details and changes with confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, think ahead, problem solve, and engage proactively, as well as work as part of a collaborative team with tact, and creativity.
- Strong time management skills and ability to efficiently manage concurrent tasks.
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01