New York, NY
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Concordia is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, member-based organization dedicated to actively fostering, elevating, and sustaining
cross-sector partnerships for social impact. As the preeminent nonpartisan forum and the biggest event that is taking place
alongside the United Nations General Assembly, the Concordia Annual Summit in New York convenes top influencers and
decision-makers through action-oriented programming.
The Communications Department is responsible for strategizing, shaping, and implementing all aspects of communications. Establishing Concordia’s “voice,” the Communications Department produces all external-facing materials—including the website, reports, marketing materials, and email campaigns—as well as overseeing branding and design, press and media, and social media.
- Communications Manager with a specific focus on design, website and distribution.
Communications & Marketing Strategy
- Works with senior leadership to develop and implement communications strategies that elevate and promote Concordia’s work around the globe.
- Develops and coordinates email and social media campaigns surrounding Concordia events, partnerships, and initiatives.
- Tracks Concordia’s digital presence and online performance.
- Assists in maintenance of press media list/relationships.
- Content Creation & Branding
- Maintains, protects, and develops a vision for the Concordia brand.
- Designs marketing materials such as pitch decks, informational brochures, agendas, reports, and other external materials.
- Creates graphics and videos for social media, the Concordia website, Concordia events, and various other needs.
- Website & Technology
- Manages all aspects of the Concordia website including events, profiles, and blog posts.
- Develops a strategy for future website updates and redesigns.
- Manages website hosting relationships, domain organization and acquisition, and other key website management functions.
- Event Coordination & Production
- Assists with the direction of event design, look, and feel.
- Ensures the Concordia brand is displayed appropriately and in a way that is optimized for press photos and videos.
- Coordinates photographers and develops a shot list.
- Tracks projects and objectives to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintains open communication with senior leadership.
- Manages a small team to ensure that day-to-day operations are efficient and stress-free.
- Participates in organizational and event planning processes.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in communications, digital marketing, social media strategy, and content creation.
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Demonstrated successes in developing social media campaigns that integrate into overall outreach and engagement programs. Knowledge of social media scheduling and monitoring tools such as Sprout Social.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Ability to write for diverse audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of a website CMS such as WordPress
- Knowledge of CRM tools such as Civi CRM and Salesforce.
- An ability to work on a flexible schedule, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage up, down, and across all levels of the organization.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a keen eye on success for the organization.
- Great interpersonal skills with a sense of humor and drive to do an excellent job.
- Full Health Insurance
- 15 Vacation Days per Year
- Work with a dynamic team of passionate professionals working daily on a wide array of projects
Concordia Summit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application packet should consist of a cover letter and a resume. You can submit the completed packet to email@example.com and we will follow up to set up a call with the director of the department that interests you.
Job posted: 2021-03-24