The ideal candidate for this position will have strong tech, political, and national media ties and a proven ability to drive earned media across markets. They will be a team player, a self-starter, and a person willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
The Manager, Communications reports to the Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs who is based in Washington, DC.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Handle media requests, arrange press interviews, assist in writing press releases, op-eds, and statements, pitch journalists, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters at top-tier, Beltway, tech, and regional outlets.
- Develop and execute external communications programs around our IA’s lead issue areas.
- Find new and exciting ways to tell our story, in the media, written content, and digitally
- Background press and prepare executives/spokespeople for media interactions and public appearances.
- Maintain a deep understanding of tech policy.
- Work in close collaboration with our state and federal policy teams to develop consensus around our message.
- Co-manage IA’s digital assets.
- Do what’s necessary to get the job done.
- BA/BS degree required
- Four to five years of communications/public affairs experience – Capitol Hill, industry, or agency experience a plus
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communications skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects
- Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to Jobs@InternetAssociation.org.
Job posted: 2021-04-13