Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Communications – 23072
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Manager, Communications, Markets and Markets Institute.
The Communications Manager role is rooted in communications expertise and an understanding of the priorities of the programs in the Markets and Markets Institute portfolio. This position bridges conservation and communications priorities and contributes to development and execution of communication strategies/plans to create awareness, build consensus, and deliver conservation outcomes at scale while raising brand awareness among key stakeholders. The Communications Manager identifies content ideas and opportunities that can be leveraged to reach and engage diverse audiences (e.g. the public, policy, corporate, donors, etc.) and further WWF’s Mission.
- Create awareness and build consensus about issues, trends, tools, and strategies to focus and leverage external partners and motivate change at speed and scale
- Partner with Sr. Director, team leads and subject matter experts to develop, refine, package, and represent conservation programs and strategies
- Translate conservation programs and map out milestones/key moments for donor, corporate, public, advocacy, and other stakeholder communications
- Execute strategic communications for Markets and Markets Institute, including message development
- Gather clips for weekly Markets newsletter and format newsletter for distribution
- Provide strategic expertise and share knowledge of industry outlets to support media outreach and other external communications
- Run programmatic communications channels (e.g., partnership websites, social media channels), including counsel and capacity for alliances, partnerships, and coalitions
- Track and share recommendations regarding activities and priorities across WWF-US and Network communications teams and other internal and external communities
- Create, edit, and review content for external use
- Run brand/logo approvals
- Liaise with communications functions across WWF-US and the network, helping to coordinate and champion Markets priorities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- A minimum of 8 years of professional work experience required, with experience specifically working with the media, working with senior executives, engaging in public relations, journalism, or marketing communications required
- Knowledge of environmental issues, conservation, and/or sustainability required
- Strong interpersonal skills, presence, and ability to effectively interact and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to think laterally, connect the dots, anticipate issues, and creatively problem-solve
- Proven experience developing regular communications products, news feeds, and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional standards for quality and strong organizational/project management skills
- Ability to operate independently as well as with a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects; must also be flexible and able to be a cooperative team player
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #23072
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Job posted: 2023-01-03