The Internal Communications Manager reports to the Sr. Manager Marketing Operations and is ultimately responsible for developing and sustaining an internal firmwide communication strategy. This role will work closely with the CCO and the Managing Partner, Executive Committee, and administrative chiefs to draft, review or edit internal communications and support responses to select external surveys.
This role requires a forward- and creative-thinking individual with experience in developing firm or company-wide communications plans to educate, engage, inform and energize personnel across all levels and geographic regions. This role also serves as back-up support on select external communications.
This position could work from our Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Washington DC; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; or Kansas City, MO offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the firm’s strategy, vision, values and client service focus are reflected in all internal communications
- Working with the appropriate administrative team, develop communication plans for significant internal initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to technology, human resources, strategic planning and diversity initiatives
- Work closely with the firms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to provide writing support to all DEI surveys and internal initiatives
- With CCO, support the firm’s Managing Partner in identifying and drafting appropriate strategic content to share firmwide or with select groups within the firm
- Draft newsletters, announcements, and strategic senior leadership communications
- Assist CCO in developing appropriate writing training programs for all levels of employees
- With CCO and Chief Information Officer, explore enterprise social tools for internal communication campaigns
- Partner with all administrative department directors to implement processes to support firmwide communications from all departments
- Partner with the Human Resources department to develop an employee communication plan to foster engagement and retention at all levels of the firm’s administration
- Stay closely attuned to the “mood” of the firm and identify ways to alleviate any issues or concerns that may arise through internal and external communications where appropriate
- Responsible for developing and overseeing an alumni communication vehicle to ensure that alumni are kept connected with the firm and, where appropriate, we leverage relationships to support the firm’s business goals
- With CCO and Recruiting teams, ensure the firm has branded and comprehensive recruiting materials to ensure that we can attract the best candidates
- With CCO and Directors of Practice Management develop and manage cross-practice and cross-office integration focused initiatives
- Develop and maintain firmwide communication guidebook that will allow for consistency in style and format of all internal communications
- Support the firm’s survey team to draft responses to external surveys that require an essay or other content beyond numerical data
• Ten years of communication experience with at least some of this experience at an AmLaw 200 law firm (preferred), professional services firm, or Fortune 500 company (prior experience working in a heavily matrixed environment a plus)
• Experience with video recording and editing is preferred
• Ability to integrate and work with all levels and positions within the firm
• Understanding of or intellectual curiosity to learn about the legal industry and the areas in which Lathrop GPM practices
• Creative thinker with demonstrated success in translating broad concepts and ideas into clear and logical communications across a variety of platforms
• Strong understanding of communication trends, issues, and tools
• Bachelor’s degree required
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the Talent Management & Employee Relations Specialist will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-07-07