About the Opportunity
The Communications team works to advance awareness of the Foundation’s work and impact across the general public and with key audiences. The Communications Manager will be responsible for identifying stories of the Foundation’s impact; proactively pitching reporters to secure earned media for these stories; crafting materials to help tell these stories; coordinating responses to media inquiries; directing strategy for owned media content; and helping manage high-profile events and interviews.
The position affects the public image and reputation of the Clinton Foundation. The Communications Manager must be highly organized, thorough, accurate, and display good judgment to provide the best possible representation of the Foundation publicly.
In this role you will:
- Create content to tell the stories of the Foundation’s work. Working with the Communications, Marketing, and digital teams to strategically craft and deploy content including press releases, fact sheets, op-eds, blog posts, multimedia, and social content.
- Identify storytelling opportunities for Clinton Foundation programs. Regularly liaise with Foundation programmatic officials to identify opportunities, assess options for storytelling through Foundation channels and earned media.
- Pitch Foundation stories to press and cultivate relationships with reporters to secure coverage of Foundation programs and impact.
- Strategically manage external affairs for Foundation events, including working with program staff to craft effective programming, developing communications plans, executing press and marketing needs around events, and supporting on reactive press inquiries.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- 6-7 years’ experience in communications or media relations experience for a PR agency, multi-national corporation or NGO working in Clinton Foundation issue areas.
- Familiarity with social media channels, research and media applications such as Cision and Lexis/Nexis.
- Proven quick and thorough research and writing ability
- Ability to pitch media and manage significant announcements and events
- Good judgment under pressure
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Proven capacity to multi-task in fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Clinton Foundation is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees whose positions require them to be on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
Job posted: 2021-11-02