Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Manager, Communications. The Manager, Communications serves as a key member of the public affairs team, providing strategic guidance on all external communications efforts. Provide high-level thinking, strategy and leadership as well as tactical support for public affairs activities. Manage communication around a range of crisis situations, including issues preparedness and planning activities. Spearhead the development of compelling, brand-based content such as website information, articles, emails, presentations, videos, blog posts and social media posts. Cover Letter Required.
As a result of COVID-19, ACOG employees are working in a temporary remote capacity. This is temporary, and normal business hours and in-office duties will return to normal once deemed it is safe to return into the office. Employees are expected to return to ACOG’s National office located at 409 12th, Southwest Washington DC, 20024.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop and/or oversee the development of compelling, brand-based content such as website information, articles, emails, presentations, videos, blog posts and social media posts.
- Serve as a consultant to the social media team, providing strategy, guidance and support.
- Manage development of crisis response strategies, reactive statements, FAQs and other deliverables as needed.
- Provide counsel on strategy, collaborating with business partners in legal, government affairs, investor relations, technology and product, and other internal teams as appropriate.
- Provide communications consultation and liaison support to ACOG departments, working closely with ACOG staff.
- Develop and present reports to staff and volunteer leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in communications, or related field
- 5-7 of experience in communications in the health field; and a minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated customer service proficiency, exhibiting high standards of timeliness and responsiveness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in copywriting and developing member-focused content across channels (such as email, website pages, social media, e-newsletters, print materials)
- Excellent management and leadership skills (i.e., creating and working in a team environment, analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills)
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity and basic proficiency using email platforms (MagnetMail) and presentation tools (PowerPoint)
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Job posted: 2021-12-26