Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
El Segundo, CA
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
As the Manager of Communications, you will play an active part in supporting Beyond Meat’s day-to-day global communications efforts, including corporate communications and consumer PR. Responsibilities will include developing, leading and executing strategic PR plans, extensive drafting of messaging and media materials, and the management of domestic and international PR agencies. You will be supported by a Senior Communications Associate and will work cross-functionally within the marketing team on key initiatives, as well as across the business to support various functions.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and is requires you to work onsite at our El Segundo HQ office 5 days a week (no flexibility).
- Strong writing skills – impeccable grammar, strong storytelling skills and an ability to draft and adapt messaging based on objectives and audiences with minimal edits required. This will be a significant part of the role and will involve drafting both external and internal communications including, media messaging, executive messaging, briefing sheets, bios, website/blog copy, keynote presentations and more.
- Strategy and execution – develop, oversee and execute strategic PR plans. Collaborate with cross functional teams to support integrated marketing efforts. Manage domestic and international PR agencies, ensuring continuity and consistency of global communications efforts.
- Media acuity — extensive knowledge of the earned media landscape including new media and digital platforms to identify opportunities to advance Beyond Meat’s communications goals
- Media relations — experience effectively working with and managing media as well as being able to critically assess and manage reactive requests
- 6-8 years PR or communications experience, preferably at a PR agency or in-house
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical
- Genuine interest in the food industry and a passion for creating a more nutritious, sustainable, and humane future of food
- Professional maturity and ease with all levels of company management
- Due to the 24/7 nature of media, some evening and weekend accessibility and availability required
- Some travel required
- Light lifting may be required time-to-time for event set-up, package send outs, etc.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to conduct job duties in a timely manner, including but not limited to staffing interviews, media drops, etc. throughout each work day
- Proactive, can-do attitude – an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative, is forward thinking and always goes above & beyond the task at hand
- Critical thinking – high aptitude to “connect the dots” across the business to identify needs and jump into action before asked. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time while being able to quickly adapt to changing directions or deadlines
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Job posted: 2022-06-21