Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to serve as the trusted strategic counsel to executives (SVP and higher) and their teams, identifying communications needs and developing integrated communications plans and enterprise messaging. This includes responsibility for the delivery of comprehensive internal communications that are tied to the needs of the business and enterprise-wide strategic goals. This role is critical to Lowe’s because it serves as a strategic conduit between the business and employees.
• Creates integrated communication plans that are aligned with enterprise strategy, upcoming business deliverables and initiatives, and ensures that communications are developed, approved, and sent on time and on budget.
• Provides thought leadership in corporate communications strategy and develops comprehensive communications plans, including both internal and external elements.
• Recommends corporate communication strategies to executives and ensures messaging from VPs and above is delivered from and to all appropriate levels.
• Directs the development and delivery of formal communications to the entire corporation through all multimedia platforms.
• Advocates for all employees during the development and roll-out of employee-facing communications.
• Manages cross-functional relationships across the business to ensure seamless collaboration with others including: Sales and Ops Communications, Public Relations, Investor Relations, BTV, LOE, Compensation, HR, and IT.
• Approves communications and supervises the project management of special communication projects and initiatives.
• Is entrusted with confidential and sensitive company information.
• Responsibilities may include managing an individual contributor or small team.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Television / Media, or Communications
• 5+ years Corporate Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations experience
• Master’s Degree in Business, Journalism, or Communications
• 2+ years operations experience
• 5+ years people management or supervisory experience
• 10+ years Corporate Communications, Television, or Public Relations experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12