Manager of Communications and Industry Relations
This position bridges two major responsibilities in communications and industry relations. This individual will report to the Director of Communications & Industry relations and be responsible for assisting in developing, managing, and executing short- and long-term corporate communications and media relations strategies to enhance visibility with key stakeholders, as well as advance the organization’s reputation, mission, and goals. This includes managing the website, developing, and executing a social media plan to include posting of social content in alignment with the GOG Mission and Vision.
This individual will also have strong communication skills, be highly organized, and have the ability to coordinate multiple physician schedules for ongoing calls with industry partners. Understand contract language and can coordinate sharing detailed documents for signature and review.
This position will not have direct reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Director of Communications and Industry relations to develop an annual Corporate Communications and Media Relations Strategic Plan
- Manage the planning and daily operations related to corporate, digital, advocacy communications and media/public relations.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with vendors, bloggers, key influences, and other relevant media professionals to secure maximum media and editorial coverage for the GOG Partners.
- Integrate communications strategies across social, web, and other platforms to ensure messages are consistent, target audiences are reached and communications campaigns resonate with key stakeholders.
- Keep current on best practices in media relations, public affairs, and corporate communications and conduct periodic research to determine the effectiveness of our external communication channels and messaging.
- Assist in writing content for website, social media and quarterly newsletter.
- Use data to define, measure, and report on performance, as well as to make data-driven decisions.
- Develop and maintain assigned budgets, in conjunction with senior management.
- Assist in the management of GOG’s Advisory Board and ICT Programs.
- Schedule calls with multiple stakeholders.
- Create and maintain industry partner database
- Work with director to create and maintain ongoing strategic goals
- Assist with fundraising projects.
- Knowledge of pharma guidelines with respect to funding for F&B and policies
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in Medical/Association work and understanding of Industry. GYN Oncology and Women’s Health Preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – verbal, public speaking, written
- Strong writing/editing skills, and ability to tailor to audience
- Demonstrates professional, confident, and highly effective interpersonal communication and interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; expected to work independently as well as collaborate with others and in teams; must demonstrate attention to detail; make sound decisions; and work within ambiguous circumstances
- Must convey a professional attitude; be flexible and self-motivated; and thrive in an intense work environment
- Travel within the United States and potential International travel may be required. Attendance at GOG Foundation meetings required, including Semi-Annual meetings.
- This is a remote teleworking position with occasional travel to GOG Foundation Offices required.
GOG Foundation offers competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package including a defined contribution pension plan, 401(k)B, paid vacation, paid personal days, paid holidays and sick days, – life, health, dental, prescription, AD&D, long term disability, tuition reimbursement, a business casual/people-friendly work environment and more.
The GOG Foundation, Inc. is a government contractor and is committed to the hiring of qualified Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, women, and minorities for all locations including Edgewater, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.
The GOG Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disabled status, protected veterans, genetic information, and sexual orientation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-22