Manager, Communications – Music
The role of Communications is to develop and define the messaging and communications strategy that increase awareness and affinity for the Red Bull brand and its events, artists and media projects. The department oversees all internal and external communication and partners with external media that matter / agencies and cross-functional Brand, Sports and Culture marketing teams to share and amplify the key messages of our brand. Reporting to the VP – Culture Media Network, the Communications Manager – Music supports and owns the development and distribution of strategic PR communications and national campaigns that align to the initiatives of a specific Culture Marketing – Music vertical. The underlying objective of this role is to maximize media coverage that influences and engages priority culture audiences to build brand awareness and brand love to new consumers.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we’ll trust you with:
- • Build awareness of Music projects, events and artists; tailors campaigns to target and engage priority audiences and endemic trade; generates excitement for Music properties with editorial partners and in media that matter• Translate the larger Communications vision, goals, and core strategies for Culture to create the most efficient tactics that drive media coverage to reach new consumers and influencers in your specific realm of Music
• In partnership with SaMo Culture Marketing leadership, lead the development of communications strategy and plan for Music-focused Media Network projects
• Partner and manage external agencies to create plans that amplify our brand campaigns & assets, positioning of products and services, news & announcements, etc.
• Evaluate the potential media impact of new artists and event concepts as a counterpart to Culture Marketing
• Ensure Culture marketing communications build momentum and deliver lasting impact
• Be constantly aware of emerging trends products and technologies and identify opportunities to apply new technologies, products and services to campaigns
- • Represent Red Bull’s voice with the consumer. Oversee accurate and consistent messaging of the Red Bull brand in all Music marketing & communications.• Devise ‘breakthrough’ buzzworthy PR national moments and campaigns to elevate the company’s message, bringing new perspectives and vision that tap into the company’s disruptive roots
• Develop, maintain, and nurture media and opinion leader relationships
• Proactively and reactively pitch media outlets for coverage on Red Bull across relevant corporate, consumer, and lifestyle media
• Identify and oversee necessary tools, such as photography, needed for optimal story telling
• Develop and share best practices
• Work effectively under pressure and utilize strong project management skills to meet deadlines.
- • 6+ years of experience in leading communications for high-profile brands or music focused agency account management.
- • Understanding – both consumer and trends – of the diverse U.S. media and art media landscape
- • Track record of delivering results against tight deadlines.
- • Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and presentations.
- • Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies.
- • Creative thinker and innovator; in touch with digital, culture, trends, etc.
- • Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends.
Got what it takes?
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15