Manager, Communications and Policy
The Manager of Communications and Policy will create compelling content that showcases CTIA, its members, policy positions, and our industry-wide initiatives across our advocacy teams and digital platforms. As an important member of CTIA’s Communications Department, the successful candidate will leverage their writing expertise, experience in public policy, and knowledge of the digital landscape to contribute to the organization’s mission of representing the U.S. wireless industry.
COVID-19 Safety: CTIA is currently teleworking and this role will be onboarded remotely. The new hire is expected to attend full-time in our DC office whenever CTIA can safely re-open.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
How You Will Contribute to CTIA:
- Own the written material development process end-to-end (shape the idea, get buy-in, write the copy, get needed approvals, make edits, work with designers on any visual execution, and collaborate with digital/press teams as needed on distribution). Such content may include position statements, press releases, one-pagers, blog posts, white papers, and newsletters on CTIA policy and business initiatives as well as wireless technology issues more broadly.
- Devise creative and strategic ways to showcase CTIA, its members, policy positions, and content across web, social, press, and traditional advocacy platforms.
- Collaborate with other CTIA departments to fulfill their Communications-related needs and priorities.
- Act as project manager—across the Communications team and with other internal stakeholders—for relevant collateral.
- Edit content—yours and others’—for style, substance, grammar, and spelling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Ideal candidates will:
- Have exceptional writing, editing, research, and project management skills.
- Have experience in producing a variety of content types and the ability to distill substantive policy content for digital platforms.
- Have experience working within an organization’s brand and voice and knowledge of how to leverage those properties in different contexts.
- Have at least three years of experience working in a communications/research/public policy/media/public affairs capacity, with an emphasis on work related to public policy and technology issues.
- Knowledge of the social media/digital landscape and content management systems like WordPress a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF APPLICABLE): N/A
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and succinctly; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Project Management – Coordinates and manages projects successfully, ensuring quality and adherence to deadlines.
- Customer Service – Responds to requests from internal and external stakeholders; meets commitments for members and colleagues.
- Attention to Detail – Understands importance of detail. Proficiency in proofreading required.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Establishes positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize assignments and plans for short-term and long-term projects. Uses time efficiently and efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Detail-oriented with knowledge of grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in proofreading skills and strong communications skills are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Job posted: 2020-11-08