Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Communications and Public Affairs
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Manager, Communications will drive the business-to-business communications strategy and execution, proactive campaigns that position the business across key areas of opportunity and serve as the main liaison in driving international alignment across teams. In this role, the candidate will work with the senior leadership team to craft and pitch business and trade media, develop presentations and write scripts, and manage campaigns that proactively position the business, while also helping to protect the reputation of the segment and the company. This role requires deep collaboration with various stakeholders domestically and internationally to align efforts around our key communications priorities. The role also requires cross collaboration with LOB Comms leaders to uncover key stories and strategies tied to those businesses.
This role will report into the Director, Communications and Public Affairs, CPGP
- Establish and drive the overarching business-to-business communications strategy for Disney’s consumer products, games and publishing businesses.
- Manage presence at industry events to drive our key priorities with partners, media and consumers, including preparing executive presentations, scripting showcases and crafting event communications and surveys.
- Craft/pitch business and trade stories tied to the consumer products, games and publishing narrative that is cross-category/cross-franchise.
- Manage global campaigns from start to finish tied to diversity, equity and inclusion, sustainability, healthy living and digital transformation, and positioning our business as a place people want to work.
- Craft earnings call recaps, ongoing communications briefs and regular industry news updates for senior leadership.
- Collaborate with CPGP licensees and retailers to review and approve messaging in advance of investor events and presentations.
- Identify opportunities and submit CPGP for industry awards and key industry lists.
- Serve as primary liaison to international leads and formalize a process for cross-collaboration/information sharing to ensure communications team remains strategically consistent and tactically divergent.
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for communications and public relations
- Ability to partner across a matrixed organization, and take into account the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights
- Excellent PC and Mac literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using SharePoint or other Content Management System, Microsoft Office suite, Keynote, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing or equivalent work experience, preferably with an emphasis in Corporate Communications.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job posted: 2022-04-18