Sioux Falls, ND
The Manager, Communications and Public Affairs is responsible for promoting POET and educating community leaders on the benefits of the renewable fuels industry in areas with Biorefining facilities. This position serves as the primary communications and public affairs contact for POET stakeholders. Primary responsibilities include creating and managing local advertising campaigns and company branded materials; creating and planning local events; scheduling speaking opportunities at community events; supporting the community efforts of facility team members; promoting our policy initiatives; and developing and maintaining relationships in a manner that leads to active and successful policy engagement. The position is based in Sioux Falls, SD and reports to the Director of Communications.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations or a related field.
- Must be able to manage several tasks at once, use sound judgment and follow up on prioritized assignments.
- Experience with creating and managing multi-state/location community engagement campaigns.
- Experience with graphics and layout programs such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with political campaigns or government affairs a plus.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017