Manager of Communications and Public Affairs
About the team
Zillow’s Corporate Relations team is a group of skilled communications and public affairs professionals who work in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast paced tech and media company. The team is responsible for growing Zillow’s brand awareness, credibility and affinity through strategic media and public affairs. Zillow is reimagining real estate for its customers, working to deliver an integrated real estate transaction experience to make it easier than ever for people to buy, sell, rent and borrow.
About the role
The person in this role is a strategic player on the team! They can quickly and easily get up to speed on Zillow Group’s business objectives and use a toolbox of strategies and tactics to accomplish those objectives. Responsibilities will span media relations, corporate communications and public affairs. Qualified applicants are proactive problem solvers and strategists with strong writing, story-telling and communication skills who have public affairs campaign experience and thrive in a creative, campaign-style environment.
- Developing, integrating and implementing PR activities crafted to enhance, protect and defend Zillow’s brand and priorities.
- Improving substantial relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences that will often include partners and other industry stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining close relationships with trade and in-market reporters, including podcast hosts and outlets, and producers at industry- and consumer-facing radio and broadcast outlets.
- Proactively generating and pitching creative, ongoing story ideas that raise awareness of Zillow’s leadership and innovation in real estate to build a flawless transaction experience.
- Working closely with leaders, executives and other spokespeople to plan for speaking engagements and interviews.
- Collaborating with Zillow’s marketing team to ensure consistent messaging about our technology offerings to partners and customers.
- Partner with leaders of the business to lead the strategy and execution of product launches and update announcements for relevant audiences.
- Partnering with the Corporate Relations Editorial Team on any owned content, including blog posts, videos, and multimedia content, related to Zillow’s products, technology research, and technology teams.
- Working with the industry communications director to achieve organizational goals and objectives by administering the communications and public relations initiatives as determined by the larger organizational planning process.
Who you are
- 5-7 years experience working in strategic public affairs and/or communications roles.
- Strong existing relationships in media. A bonus if you can “talk the talk” within the industry: existing real estate, mortgage, trade association experience a bonus.
- Flexible and thrives in a fearless, fast paced environment, running multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines.
- A curious and creative storyteller who can tell stories that connect Zillow’s on-the-ground innovation to the company’s overarching vision for a simple, tech-enabled home transaction.
- Excellent leader with consistent track record of partnering closely with other communications colleagues and other departments.
- Exhibit confident, credible counsel and presence to senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- You actively collaborate and solicit diverse viewpoints to find a solution.
- You love this stuff!
Get to know us
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile.
Zillow Group’s portfolio includes:
- Zillow®, the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.
- Trulia® helps buyers and renters find a place where they will love to live. With insights sourced straight from locals and over 34 neighborhood map overlays like crime and schools, Trulia offers a deeper understanding of what living in a home and a neighborhood is really like.
- StreetEasy®, New York City’s leading local real estate marketplace, providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area.
- HotPads®, a map-based apartment and home rental search brand, and a top destination for renters in urban areas across the United States.
- Naked Apartments®, New York City’s largest rentals-only platform, provides innovative tools and quality listings so renters can simply and quickly find their apartment, and makes it easier for brokers and landlords to connect with renters to fill available apartments faster.
- RealEstate.com, a home shopping brand, designed for first-time buyers and millennial home buyers.
- Out East, the ultimate online destination for Hamptons real estate, provides insider tips and locally penned guides that complement a hyper-customized shopping experience that lets buyers and renters search by town and see a home’s proximity to beaches, farmers markets, transportation options, and other local points of interest.
- Zillow Home Loans (NMLS #10287, an Equal Housing Lender), a national provider of online mortgage lending services.
- In addition, Zillow Group houses the business brands Bridge Interactive, Dotloop®, Mortech® and Zillow Premier Agent.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and trades on NASDAQ under the ticker symbols Z and ZG.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18