Manager, Communications & Public Affairs
Global Strategy Group
Do you love politics, causes, and campaigns? Are you interested in communications, media relations, and writing? If so, Global Strategy Group is looking for you! We are looking for top talent at the Manager level for our growing Communications & Public Affairs practice. Successful candidates have experience in implementing strategic communications and public affairs programs and tactics. Managers are expected to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines simultaneously, including managing projects for clients, drafting memos, pitching stories to reporters, building coalitions, working on digital or social campaigns, and helping to develop new business proposals.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Be detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking
- Be motivated, responsible, and proactive
- Develop client facing materials, including memos, presentations, media materials, and social media content
- Manage multiple workstreams for projects, as well as those of more junior team members, by setting priorities and delegating to adhere to timelines and deadlines
- Establish strong client relationships through regular email correspondence, calls, and in-person or virtual meetings
- Demonstrate strong judgement and advanced communications skills through critical thinking and project management
- Work directly with reporters to place and inform stories, and serve as on-the-record spokesperson for some clients
- Contribute to new-business proposal and presentation development
- Proactively manage administration of ongoing client engagements, including utilization, profitability, and regular reporting
- Demonstrate professionalism and maturity, contributing to a positive work environment for colleagues and clients
- Contribute to organic growth opportunities with clients that result in new projects and revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, political science, public affairs, public policy, other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs within the corporate, government, nonprofit or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry
- Capitol Hill experience and/or knowledge of Congressional workings preferred
- Demonstrated success implementing strategic communications and public affairs programs and tactics
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members
- Experience working with DC media, think tanks, and trade associations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, manage up, and maintain quality, detail, and organization across multiple assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are a plus
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-30