Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Communications & Public Affairs (5361)
The Manager, Communications & Public Affairs contributes to the organization through work in public affairs, communications, legal and community relations. This position assists in building relationships with local elected leaders, trade associations, businesses and non-profits while ensuring the organization remains in compliance with the agreements that govern the stadium and local, county, state and Federal regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintains and builds relationships with policymakers and relevant local media.
• Advises and consults with internal business groups and other key stakeholders to develop communication strategies, key messages, and vehicles in support of specific programs.
• Helps to conceive, draft, and implement communications assets to ensure consistency, clarity, engagement, and alignment with the organization’s voice. This includes email, press releases, thought leadership/op-eds, speeches, and key messages.
• Serves as project manager on activity with regulatory agencies (Santa Clara Stadium Authority).
• Participates in the development and execution of major organizational initiatives by serving as communication strategist.
• Tracks key social, economic, and industry issues that require communication planning; initiates appropriate plans.
• Cross-functionally works with internal stakeholders such as legal, communications, and the broader policy team.
• Advocates, internally and externally, policy positions that keep the 49ers and the broader industry competitive and innovative.
• Represents organization in meetings with policymakers and stakeholders.
• Communicates organizations positions to policymakers and to external stakeholders.
• Identifies, researches, monitors and analyzes relevant policy trends and issues of importance to the company.
• Articulates our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses, and internal policy meetings.
• Advises internal colleagues and teams on public policy matters to help guide development of products, services, and policies.
• Develops and executes strategies for engaging with public policymakers around issues important to the organization and the people we serve.
• Manages political finance reporting activity (Form 700, campaign contribution reporting, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Abilities and Skills:
● Ability to use focus on a speaker using verbal and non-verbal clues to understand their message, comprehend the information and respond thoughtfully.
● Ability to create a relationship of trust and loyalty by delivering accessible, efficient, and reliable services and products for internal and external stakeholders.
● Builds relationships with all organizational stakeholders through authentic, accepting and engaging communication.
● Recognizes personal bias and others’ tendency toward bias, and takes measures to mitigate the influence of bias in business decisions.
● Understands the most effective and efficient way to accomplish tasks within the parameters of organizational hierarchy, processes, systems, timelines, and budget.
● Encourages open communication and builds consensus. Uses tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive information, and keeps stakeholders informed of decisions and directives as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy or equivalent degree and at least 5-7 years’ relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word.
● Understanding of the legislative process at the local and state level.
● Experience developing and implementing multi-channel communications activities for diverse audiences.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The employee will be sitting in a typical office environment the majority of the time and may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to work extended hours and/or weekends.
60% of local travel time expected for this position. 5% of travel time expected for the position both intra and interstate occasionally requiring overnight stay.
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status. Click here to view notice of data collection.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-26