Manager, Communications Specialist
Candidates should have a passion for technology, exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship-building, a passion for storytelling, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to bring Retail and Direct Technology’s vision, goals and objectives to life. Candidates should be excited to improve the daily lives of our engineers, connect dots across the organization and help advance internal communication capabilities and practices.
- Design, build and execute an internal communications strategy to support Retail and Direct Technology’s vision, goals and objectives.
- Draft and edit communications for Retail and Direct Technology’s internal channels, including all hands, newsletters, blog posts, emails and podcasts.
- Launch strategic communications campaigns, including innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Retail and Direct Technology’s culture.
- Help build, shape and maintain Retail and Direct Technology’s brand identity.
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders, collaborating across teams to share information.
- Recommend solutions to enhance strategy and flag problems where necessary.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support our Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging work with communication and content development.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven track record of developing successful multi-channel internal communication strategies and programs, including ownership of all hands, newsletters, blog posts, internal emails and ad-hoc announcements.
- The ability to present complex subject matter in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Experience working effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and executive management.
- The ability to think outside the box to integrate problem-solving and structured thinking.
- Comfort interfacing with executives one on one and in large settings.
- Comfort and experience with designing and developing Google Slides.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- At least 3 years of experience managing projects
- Master’s degree
- 2+ years of experience working in a technology company or working closely with a technology team
- 2+ years of experience with Google Suite
- 1+ year of experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives
- 1+ year of event management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-27