Manager of Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC, is a shared-services company that provides legal, government and public affairs services to affiliates of Koch Industries, Inc. around the world. We are looking for a Manager of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement to join our team located in Washington, DC.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Professional in manner and demeanor
- Detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy working within a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Personal integrity with a strong work ethic and a compliance focus
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to maintain focus with ever-changing priorities
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Bolster media relations capabilities, including relationships with reporters across KCPS’ business and government and community affairs priorities, and implement industry best practices.
- Work in tandem with advocacy team to develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement strategies, including multicultural and EH&S efforts.
- Advise leadership of issues and/or risks to stakeholder relationships and manage effectively.
- Manage stakeholder forums, meetings and special events (advise on messages/themes using research etc.)
- Work with KCPS, marketing and business leaders to communicate Koch’s corporate responsibility efforts across all platforms, including social media.
What You Will Need:
- 6+ years professional work experience in communications field
- Bachelor’s Degree or a two year Associates degree/certification with related experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Position will require reasonable support outside of the normal operating hours, including weekends
- This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Access to professional training and mentoring
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions rather than seniority
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, grain processing and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested approximately $65 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 930 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit http://www.kochnews.com/.
The businesses’ popular consumer brands include Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Dixie® tabletop products, LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-06