Come join the global voice of the tech sector as the Manager of Communications.
At the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) we advocate for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. Our members represent the entire spectrum of technology: from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
As the Manager of Communications reporting to the Vice President of Communications, in Washington, DC you will support the Public Affairs team with the development and implementation of ITI’s communications strategy and messaging to advance the tech industry advocacy organization’s mission.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the day-to-day responsibilities of ITI’s communications work;
- Managing media requests, pitching reporters, and helping arrange media engagements;
- Working with the ITI staff to identify press opportunities and drive communications priorities;
- Developing and disseminating content including press releases, newsletters, member communications and blog posts;
- Media monitoring and press list maintenance;
- Drafting and managing ITI’s online content, including websites and social media platforms; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three to five years of experience in media or communications, preferably in a legislative, administrative, agency, or business setting. Experience in tech, policy, or advocacy communications a plus;
- Strong writing and editing abilities and oral communication skills;
- Experience working with reporters and managing media requests;
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate complex policies and issues related to the tech industry;
- Experience with social media platforms and performance analytics; and
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (inDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator).
- Enthusiastic self-starter;
- Trusted team player with the demonstrated ability to perform media relations in a fast-paced advocacy organization;
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to handle confidential matters;
- Ability to interact with senior executives;
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines; and
- A good sense of humor.
- Excellent health benefits;
- Generous paid time off plus office closure from December 25th through January 1st
- Fitness center;
- A great work environment; and
- Much more!
Are you a good match?
Submit a writing sample, resume, and salary requirements.
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We encourage diversity and do not discriminate based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status or any legally protected characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-11