Manager, Community Policy
About the Team
DoorDash is seeking an experienced policy manager to join our growing Community Policy team. A part of the DoorDash Trust and Safety organization, the Community Policy team is responsible for developing, revising, and socializing the policies and rules that guide responsible behavior across the DoorDash platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to play a significant role in shaping policies and processes that promote safety, inclusion, and respect throughout an expanding, international community of Dashers, Merchants, and Customers, and across a growing number of products and experiences.
About the Role
As Community Policy Manager, you will be a key contributor to safety policy development for DoorDash as you help to write rules that guide behavior on our platform. You will bring empathy and ethical judgement in shaping our values-driven policies. Reporting to the Head of Community Policy, you will work closely with public policy, legal, support, product and leadership to develop and improve our policy frameworks. You have excellent communication skills and can work with a range of people from our front line Trust and Safety associates to senior cross-functional partners, as well as diverse representatives from across our stakeholder community.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help shape DoorDash’s policy development for consumers, dashers and merchants to ensure a safe community
- Work closely with legal, public policy, product, support and operations to build values-based policies that establish clear rules that can be enforced consistently and equitably
- Contribute to the strategic roadmap for Community Policy
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our policies to get ahead of any risks to community members
- Work closely with the Trust and Safety team to inform the operationalization of our policies to ensure their work is supported and consistent.
- Weigh in on sensitive escalations from the Trust and Safety team and advise senior leaders on policy choices.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Experience in relevant fields, including developing policies for digital platforms, online marketplaces, the sharing/gig economy, or in the content policy space.
- Relevant management experience to support the growth and upscaling of the Community Policy team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of comfort working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues.
- Comfort collaborating with senior internal stakeholders and junior colleagues alike.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-12