Manager, Community Relations
The Manager, Community Relations is responsible for developing and executing strategic community engagement and communications plans (encompassing public relations, local government relations, community engagement and related communications support) for Tenaska’s development efforts, with a primary focus on its solar, wind and energy storage projects. The Manager implements external communications strategies that align with local development milestones, build key stakeholder relationships and foster a positive environment for energy development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute strategic community engagement and communications plans to support the development of solar, wind, energy storage and other energy projects across the United States.
- Research project locations and identify key stakeholders (elected officials, landowners, neighbors, etc.) in order to tailor strategies to the specific community.
- Manage community engagement activities to grow key stakeholder relationships and foster support for development.
- Identify opposition and related risks to project success and implement mitigation strategies.
- Develop budgets and provide cost accountability, as necessary.
- In collaboration with the Director, Community Relations, coordinate with Tenaska customers/partners on community outreach strategies, with an objective of achieving project success while also protecting the reputation and integrity of both Tenaska and its customers/partners. Ensure project-specific community engagement strategies align with customers’ public relations philosophy, community giving practices and ESG goals.
- Coordinate with a network of public relations consultants and community representatives that support the local engagement efforts for Tenaska development projects.
- Aid land acquisition efforts for development projects through the development and management of collateral materials for land agents and landowner communications, as well as management of landowner and community meetings and related activities to support land control.
- Aid due diligence efforts for potential development projects.
- Regularly participate in communications/community engagement calls for relevant trade associations (SEIA, ACP, Clean Grid Alliance, etc.).
- Manage special projects and events, including community events, landowner events, news conferences and presentations, including development of supporting materials such as invitations, news releases, fact sheets, displays and remarks and management of logistics for venue and catering.
- Write for and plan support for the full spectrum of modern communication, to include press releases, fact sheets, presentations, websites, social media, electronic messages, audio and visual programming and mass media communication.
- Use and monitor regular and social media in support of Tenaska’s development projects.
- Respond to media requests and participate in and prepare team members for media interviews.
- Introduce efficiencies that enhance work processes.
- Travel as required.
- Collaborate with Tenaska’s PRGR team, as needed.
- Modeling integrity and ethical business practices is essential, as is reliable, dependable and predictable attendance.
- Results – Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
- Customer Focus – Viewed as business partner by customer. Able to independently anticipate and act upon internal and external customer needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills – Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Listens and often asks appropriate questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
- Teamwork – Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
- Job Knowledge – Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
- Technical Skills – Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to maintain technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations/journalism/mass communications/multimedia communications or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in public and government affairs, specifically in communications strategy, grassroots organizing and community outreach
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing and communication skills
- Energy industry experience
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Portfolio of results demonstrating communication and presentation skills; team leadership and coordination; meeting facilitation and strong follow-up
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Ability to execute a number of parallel tasks and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to independently prioritize and make sustained progress toward a deadline
- Passion for building and launching new projects
- Experience in social media, viral and word-of-mouth communication practices
- Positive, self-starter attitude with strong work ethic
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer
Job posted: 2021-08-23