Manager of Competition, Labor, and Budget Issues
Summary: The Manager of Competition, Budget and Labor Issues is the point person for NPPC on mandatory price reporting, issues related to buying and selling hogs and pork, labor issues, budget and appropriations issues, tax, and industry economic issues. This is a registered lobbyist position.
- Monitor, research, and analyze issues related to mandatory price reporting, buying and selling hogs and pork, labor, budget and appropriations, and tax.
- Advocate to the Executive Branch and the Congress on foregoing issues.
- Prepare and keep current concise and well written background papers on foregoing issues.
- Assist with the preparation of statements for congressional and regulatory hearings and other events.
- Coordinate with other DC office staff on regulatory matters that may overlap to ensure consistency in objectives, positions and strategies.
- Coordinate with Congressional Relations and Communications staff.
- Prepare recommendations on policy positions.
- Participate in NPPC’s Competition Policy Committee and other NPPC committees as needed.
- Build relationships and serve as NPPC’s key point of contact on issues related to mandatory price reporting, buying and selling hogs and pork, labor, budget and appropriations, and tax.
- Participate and lead in coalitions that further NPPC objectives.
Other Responsibility: Take on other assignments and projects which may be outside of primary issue area as needed. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Education: Degree in Economics strongly preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of economics.
- Be highly self-motivated, work independently, highly detailed, and exercise sound judgement.
- Have an ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team-oriented, work environment with NPPC members/staff.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations.
- Have an understanding of legislative and political processes.
- Be highly organized and able to function effectively under high pressure.
Travel: Limited travel. Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions – Requires light physical effort such as stooping and bending, and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds).
Location: The position is based out of WDC office.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Ms. Trang Anderson.
Job posted: 2020-03-11