Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Corp Comm
At Clorox, we champion people to be well and thrive by doing the right thing, putting people at the center, and playing to win. Led by our IGNITE strategy, we build brands that make a positive difference in people’s lives around the world. And we know that success requires head, heart, AND guts — all three, every day — coming together to work simpler, faster, bolder, and more inclusively. Interested? Join us to #IgniteYourCareer!
Your role at Clorox:
The Corporate Communication Manager supports global external communications strategies, enabling target audiences to understand the company’s strategies and priorities with an emphasis on issues management, media relations, financial communications, ESG and DE&I. The position reinforces the company’s strategies, purpose, core values and culture through storytelling to key stakeholders and reinforcing corporate reputation around news and issues through media relations, content, events, associations and partnerships. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent verbal and written communications skills, collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders, and manages timely projects with precision while also pushing creative, proactive and differentiated strategic stories externally. This person will also be responsible for day-to-day management of media monitoring, measurement and hotline.
This position is part of the Corporate Communications function led by the Vice President and Chief Communications Officer. The role reports into the Director of Corporate Communications who oversees external communications, ESG and DE&I communications, and the Clorox employer value proposition.
In this role, you will:
- Pitches and coordinates interviews with media around strategic corporate narrative and initiatives; develops prep materials including key messages, Q&A and editor backgrounds
- Collaborates with various internal brand PR leaders to develop enterprise-level narratives to share externally
- Conducts daily external search and monitoring for company- and industry-related news articles for potential sharing on external social media channels
- Monitors media hotline and email to field inbound media inquiries
- Manages media dashboards and measurement for key externals communications initiatives
- Assists Director of Corporate Communications with issues management, including writing materials, collaborating with cross-functional issues teams, and proactively developing recommendations timely social issues
- Assists Associate Director of Corporate Communications with financial communications, including quarterly earnings, financial media relations, shareholder meeting preparations and the annual report.
- Partners with Director of Corporate Communications on developing strategic communications plans around key company initiatives, including the new employer value proposition
- Partners with external communications team to develop Clorox Executive thought leadership platforms, social media presence and speaking opportunities
- Participates in external industry associations to ensure an external lens corporate narrative
- Contributes content for social media channels, corporate blog, and internal intranet
- Collaborates with broader Corporate Communications team on external editorial calendar to ensure program has consistent flow of fresh content across social media channels
- Manages issues management monitoring platform management and quarterly reporting
- Conducts research on variety of topics and issues related to CPG industry, ESG, financial, social media, etc. to support external communications initiatives
- Assists with media training of executives and plant spokespeople
ESG and DE&I
- Assists Director of Corporate Communications on ESG and DE&I communications including internal and external communications strategy and planning, content and program development, external pitching and speaking engagement coordination
- Participates in external associations to ensure an external lens of ESG and IDEA initiatives
- Collaborates cross functionally with ESG and IDEA teams
- Partners with internal Corporate Communications team on communications strategies and content development
What we look for:
Years and Type of Experience:
- 3-5 years writing of a broad variety, including reporting, internship and other job experience
- 3-5 years of experience with media, including pitching media
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong media relations skills
- Strong feature writing, news writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse internal and external audience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with company stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to produce consistently in the midst of rapid change
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Communications, English or Journalism major preferred
We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best, and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.
At Clorox, we have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our I&D program & initiatives here.
Benefits we offer to help you be well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your location
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Job posted: 2022-11-05