Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Corporate Affairs Government Relations 2021-27906
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
Intuit is seeking a strategic advocacy and policy leader to join our state government relations team. Candidates should be able to manage high energy and fast paced interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates produces better results and is critical to our success as a global company. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience with a U.S. State and Local Government Relations program and or relevant state legislative staff experience working on multiple public policy issues relevant to the business community, managing contract government relations professionals and associations.
- Issue and advocacy experience in legislative and regulatory policy regarding technology, privacy, financial services, tax and small business is required.
- Professional experience as a manager/leader in state government, and /or political campaigns is strongly desired.
- Ability to travel, primarily in state, as needed.
- Strong aptitude to prioritize the most important work.
- Ability to work and form bipartisan relationships and cultivate strategic relationships regardless of political party.
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Desire to be innovative and part of a growing company and team at the forefront of public policy issues.
- BA in Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy or equivalent preferred; Graduate work in Business or Juris Doctor desirable.
- Must be located in California.
Specific Talent Sought:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, who can translate a vision into government relations and political strategies.
As California is home to Intuit’s headquarters, multiple sites and the most employees in any of the states, the role is crucial to engaging effectively on state and local issues. The primary responsibility will be to expand and develop our State and Local Government Relations program focusing on activities with elected officials and policy makers in Sacramento, California, and site localities. Public policy advocacy, trade association engagement, executive engagement execution, as well as external relationship development and management.
The identification, tracking and analysis of emerging public policy issues pertinent to the businesses in which Intuit is engaged; as well as management of external consultants and associations to achieve an effective and successful external affairs program with State and Local governments. Relationship building with key State and Local public policy leaders in critical issues areas including powering prosperity via technology, financial services innovation, taxpayer and small business empowerment.
Proactive partnership with internal stakeholders to develop strategically aligned government relations initiatives. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work with senior corporate leaders and work on internal teams across multiple business units.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-26