Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Corporate Affairs (Nutrition and Food Policy)
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Manager supports the advancement of Nestlé’s strategy through advocating for, identifying, and monitoring legislation and regulatory developments of greatest relevance to Nestlé’s ability to operate and execute priorities in the U.S. The Manager should have proven success in liaising with internal and external stakeholders on legislative and policy issues, synthesizing and messaging complex issues, and managing and effectively delivering on priorities in a fast-paced environment. In addition to supporting traditional advocacy strategies, this role will play a key role in developing and aligning Nestlé’s external positioning on nutrition and food policy. The Manager will help develop and communicate Nestlé’s nutrition, health and wellness commitments and priorities, serving as the critical gate keeper of internal and external positioning. All actions and duties performed by the Manager must support Nestlé’s overarching business and advocacy strategies through diligent monitoring, execution, and communication.
This position is based out of Nestlé USA’s headquarters in Arlington VA and reports to the Director of Corporate and Government Affairs.
- Represent Nestlé’s policy and advocacy strategy with industry, NGO and government stakeholders at all levels of government (Federal, State and local)
- Develop and lead a government relations strategy related to nutrition, health and food policy (among other issues) that supports the company’s goals and helps to enable growth, minimize business risk, and manage the company’s reputation.
- Monitor a rapidly evolving food policy landscape and advise internal stakeholders on potential business impacts and opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional experts to align on policy positions and external advocacy strategies that achieve Corporate and Government Affairs and business objectives.
- Forge and maintain relationships of mutual benefit for Nestlé and external stakeholders, including policy makers
- Work with Issues Management to develop issue informs and reactive messaging when external policy will garner significant attention from Nestle’s internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Corporate Affairs function through the develop of best-in-class collateral explaining Nestlé’s advocacy positions on key policy issues
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in/with Federal or state policy; including nutrition, health and food policy. Agriculture and food industry experience desired.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in advocacy, public policy or communications; work with or for elected officials preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail, communicate clearly in written and oral communications, deliver on tight deadlines, and exercise sound judgement in high-pressure settings.
- Familiarity with Fiscal Note software a plus.
- Work independently to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
Learn more here
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Job posted: 2022-10-26