Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Corporate and Government Affairs
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Manager Corporate and Government Affairs, supports the advancement of Nestlé’s sustainable packaging strategy through advocating for, identifying, and monitoring legislation and regulatory developments of greatest relevance to Nestlé’s ability to operate and execute sustainable packaging priorities in the U.S. The Manager should have proven success in liaising with internal and external stakeholders on legislative and packaging policy issues, synthesizing and messaging complex issues, and managing and effectively delivering on priorities in a fast-paced environment. This position requires high-strategic thinking, knowledge of trends and laws governing our business, and experience working with domestic, global and cross-functional teams. The Manager will help shepherd Nestlé’s transition to the circular economy and be a critical gate keeper of internal and external packaging information to ensure company efforts and broader sustainability objectives are met. All actions and duties performed by the Manager must support Nestlé’s overarching sustainability, business and advocacy strategies through diligent monitoring, execution, and communication. This position is based out of Nestlé USA’s headquarters in Arlington VA and reports to the Director of Corporate Affairs.
- Represent Nestlé’s packaging roadmap with industry, NGO and government stakeholders at all levels of government to ensure understanding of what is required to “close the loop” on packaging material in compliance with Federal and state laws
- Develop and lead government relations strategy that supports the company’s goals and helps to enable growth, minimize business risk, and manage the company’s reputation.
- Review proposed and existing legislation to develop policy positions and advocacy strategy related to Nestlé’s packaging roadmap; including tracking and monitoring of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and PFAS among other topics.
- Represent Nestlé with external stakeholders and organizations; forge and maintain relationships of mutual benefit for Nestlé and external stakeholders, including policy makers.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional experts to advise on policy that maximizes the objectives of packaging and recycling strategies and programs.
- Collaborate with the various functions of the business so that the packaging and recycling priorities are well understood and executable.
- Provide insights and recommendations to minimize business risk within the value chain in support of packaging strategy and goals.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in circular economy topics.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in advocacy and public policy development and 5 years of experience working with or for elected officials; State experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail, communicate clearly in written and oral communications, deliver on tight deadlines, and exercise sound judgement in high-pressure settings.
- Familiarity with Fiscal Note software a plus.
- Exercise sound judgement and work independently to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Requisition ID: 253726
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-01