Manager Corporate Communications
Alkermes, Inc. is the U.S. operating company of Alkermes plc, a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to research, develop and commercialize, both with partners and on its own, pharmaceutical products that are designed to address unmet medical needs of patients in major therapeutic areas. Alkermes has a diversified portfolio of marketed products focused on central nervous system disorders such as addiction and schizophrenia and a pipeline of product candidates in the fields of neuroscience and oncology. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes has a research and development (“R&D”) center in Waltham, Massachusetts; an R&D and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio.
The company is seeking a driven and experienced individual to help support and expand the company’s external-facing corporate communications program, which includes corporate storytelling, strategic media and influencer relations, social media management, executive thought leadership, pipeline communications and issues management.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate and R&D Communications within Corporate Affairs, the Manager will join a dynamic team that includes product communications, branding, social media and internal communications. The position requires an individual who can work productively and can prioritize assignments based on business need. Critical success factors for the role include excellent written communications skills and the ability to effectively partner with cross-functional leaders throughout the company (e.g., medical, legal, regulatory, commercial, R&D).
- Support development and drive forward implementation of corporate PR plans and initiatives aligned with corporate goals to strengthen company awareness and reputation among stakeholders
- Assist with incoming media requests and conduct proactive outreach to key media stakeholders, including journalists, bloggers, and relevant influencers
- Manage the process and distribution of daily media monitoring reports that capture company and industry news and trends
- Direct the development and management of the social media content calendar
- Create and execute an integrated social media strategy that will further establish Alkermes as an industry leader
- Partner with the Corporate Affairs team and cross-functional business partners to identify key assets and programs that can be amplified on social media, with the goal of enhancing the value and reach of the programs and elevating Alkermes’ thought leadership
- Work with internal stakeholders to educate and advise employees on how to leverage social media effectively and compliantly
- Proactively research trends, new developments and insights in priority business areas and relevant disease states
- Use analytics platforms to track department key performance indicators (KPIs) and create reports showcasing PR program results
- Compile media and social listening coverage reports
- Manage and contribute to the development of corporate and pipeline communications materials, including press releases, Q&A documents, presentations, fact sheets, and briefing documents
- Support content creation for owned digital channels
- Help identify and track speaking opportunities at high-impact industry conferences and flag relevant opportunities Alkermes should consider for the executive leadership team
- Build and manage an awards grid with relevant opportunities to consider for the company and/or members of the executive leadership team
- Oversee administrative activities for the corporate communications team, including creating POs, tracking invoices and budgets, and managing contracts with vendors
- Manage the internal review process for external communications materials
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing/public relations, journalism, English or related discipline
- 5 – 8 years of experience in a public relations or communications-related role; biotech or pharma experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing, social media management, media relations and working with vendors
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of running organic and paid content via social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Experience managing contracts, budget tracking and purchase orders
- Strong attention-to-detail and project management skills
- Thorough knowledge of proper grammar usage; excellent proofreading skills
- Can effectively prioritize complex workload demands and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written
- Strong verbal skills
- Self-directed team player
- Travel as required
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law. Alkermes also complies with all work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Alkermes is an E-Verify employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-03