Manager, Corporate Communications
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Communications
Reports to: Sr Manager, Corporate Communications, External Communications
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Newell Brands Corporate Communications Team is seeking a passionate subject matter and communications expert for a high-visibility role managing communications for the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and Philanthropy & Volunteer efforts with a primary focus on our annual CSR report.
• Project manage the company’s annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report including vendor selection and management, working with key internal stakeholders to gather data, heavy report writing, partnering with the creative team on design and planning/managing the internal and external launch of the report.
• Write and produce the Quarterly Corporate Social Responsibility newsletter.
• Serve as trusted communications counsel to our Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO) and Global CSR team; partner with them to develop communications strategy for these focus areas.
• In collaboration with other members of the Corporate Communications team:
o Develop integrated internal and external content for corporate social media channels, website, employee mobile app, fact sheets, presentations, internal newsletters, etc. that amplify the company’s CSR, D&I and philanthropy/volunteer efforts, progress and milestones.
o Partner with the Manager, External Communications on pitching media stories around CSR, D&I and philanthropy/volunteerism
o Manage ongoing D&I, CSR and philanthropy/volunteer communications including integrated campaigns in collaboration with our employee resources groups (ERGs) and employee councils/ambassador groups (e.g., Pride month, Black History Month, Earth Day, Volunteer Appreciation Week, etc.).
o Support the give@newell team on communication for our Local Impact Grant Program (LIGP), Giving Tuesday matching program and other philanthropy/volunteer efforts.
- Serve as the communications representative on the CSR Champions Council to provide support on CSR initiatives company-wide.
• Support ad hoc communications assignments across Corporate Communications team as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience in CSR communications including managing / writing CSR reports either at an agency or within a corporate environment.
• Knowledge of GRI and SASB reporting requirements.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; experience developing content for diverse audiences.
• Extremely organized with strong project management skills.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about CSR, D&I and community engagement.
• Extremely mature and professional; able to work with, present to and counsel senior executives
- Must be personable, good natured, flexible and a team player with a positive attitude who’s willing to help across the Corporate Communications team, as needed.
Learn more here
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2020-09-28