Manager, Corporate Communications – Global Supply Management
- Support communication of critical GSM to Blue Box initiatives such as supplier diversity, T&E changes, policy changes, etc. and identify impacts on the enterprise.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan for individual initiatives while simultaneously taking a big picture view to ensure communications are coordinated and consistent.
- Build and foster strong relationships with key business unit leaders and partners.
- Support media inquiries related to GSM.
- Provide direct communications support to GSM leaders, as appropriate, for internal and external speaking and PR opportunities.
- Enhance enterprise internal communications supporting American Express’ supplier diversity efforts. Partner with PR teams to communicate significant advances.
- Create outside of the box communications, including video and web content, supporting GSM, GREWE and GSG overall.
- Serve as a backup for all global GREWE communications, supporting real estate changes such as facility refurbishments, capital projects, workplace services, workplace initiatives (e.g., return to office), etc.
- Pitch story ideas, write content and manage approvals for enterprise and GSG features.
- Continually test, refine and innovate communications vehicles and platforms.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in journalism, public relations or closely related field.
- Outstanding written, visual and oral communications skills.
- Strong creative instincts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to craft and implement effective communications plans serving a broad audience.
- Ability to work directly with and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to think independently and quickly while applying sound judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
- Self-motivated team player with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the company.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
- Media relations experience a plus.
- Web/graphic design, video editing and photography a plus.
- Location: New York, NY, Sunrise, FL or Phoenix, AZ
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02