Manager, Corporate Communications/Internal Content Development
What’s in it for you?
Acceleron is searching for a creative, resourceful, and collaborative Corporate Communications Manager to help develop, maintain, and populate a new enterprise-wide intranet and to assist in managing other internal communications channels as necessary. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, and working closely with a range of corporate functions across the organization, you will drive the development and execution of Acceleron’s internal communications and employee engagement strategies during a period of rapid expansion with a growing, geographically distributed workforce.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the Company’s corporate strategy and objectives to create an aligned strategic vision for Acceleron’s internal communications and employee engagement activities
- Functioning as the intranet’s managing editor, produce and maintain a proactive, internal communications plan, including robust editorial and content calendars
- Identifying opportunities and methods to promote and enhance elements of Acceleron’s culture and dynamic internal initiatives
- Partnering with senior leadership and functional heads, such as the Leadership Team, HR, Clinical and Medical Affairs, R&D, General Counsel, Investor Relations and others to assist with their internal promotional communications needs
- Generating lively, engaging intranet content—including multimedia campaigns—in support of discrete as well as overarching corporate objectives
- Establishing a network of “correspondents” across the organization to help ideate and generate content from a representative cross-section of the company
- Working with other members of the Corporate Communications Team, identify opportunities to repurpose content across other Acceleron communications channels, including social media accounts, newsletters, and digital signage platform, to maximize consistency, impact, and exposure
- Ensuring all intranet content meets legal, medical, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Monitoring analytics to make data-driven decisions to increase engagement and provide regular project reports
- Contributing to strategic planning within the Corporate Communications function, including identifying gaps and devising plans to address them
- Executing on additional assignments as necessary
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS), preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, or social media/marketing
- 3-5 years of demonstrated professional experience in content development, such as newsletter and intranet stories, blog posts, video packages, and social media postings; experience in the biopharma industry a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and other integrated Microsoft applications
- Proficiency with Adobe creative applications; video production/editing skills a plus
- Exceptionally strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail and diligence in deadline-driven environment
- A proactive, strategic approach to communications
- A professional, outgoing personality with a high level of energy, strong work ethic, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and someone who demonstrates initiative; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter with a commitment to excellence
- Comfortable being both an individual contributor and team player
How will you grow with us?
This role offers the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to shape and populate a new and highly visible communications channel for a rapidly expanding organization. With recent US and European approvals of its first commercial product, ongoing late-stage clinical development planning for its next lead product candidate, and another pipeline asset advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is in one of the most exciting periods in its history. This is a time of dynamic growth, requiring timely, strategic communications to inform, motivate, and energize internal stakeholders. If you’re seeking to make valuable cultural contributions and continue to develop professionally within a collaborative, fun and fast-paced environment, apply today.
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Recruiters – please do not send unsolicited resumes to this posting.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: www.acceleronpharma.com
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. Acceleron’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta superfamily biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body’s ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its commercialization, research, and development efforts in hematologic and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, REBLOZYL® (luspatercept-aamt) is the first and only erythroid maturation agent approved in the United States, Europe, and Canada for the treatment of anemia in certain blood disorders. REBLOZYL is part of a global collaboration partnership with Bristol Myers Squibb. The Companies co-promote REBLOZYL in North America and are also developing luspatercept for the treatment of anemia in patient populations of MDS, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. In pulmonary, Acceleron is developing sotatercept for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), having recently presented positive topline results of the PULSAR Phase 2 trial. The Company is currently planning multiple Phase 3 trials with the potential to support its long-term vision of establishing sotatercept as a backbone therapy for patients with PAH at all stages of the disease. For more information, please visit acceleronpharma.com. Follow Acceleron on social media: @AcceleronPharma and LinkedIn.
Job posted: 2020-11-04