Manager – Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $7 billion in managed assets as of December 31, 2020, Hannon Armstrong’s core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannonArmstrong.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs, this individual will be responsible for developing and managing various communications, marketing, and public affairs activities that effectively inform and engage our key stakeholders.
The Corporate Communications & Public Affairs Manager will assist in realizing strategic opportunities to tell the Hannon Armstrong story through the earned, owned, paid, and social media, executive engagements, and other relevant channels. The right candidate will need to be a strong writer and researcher with knowledge of sustainability, clean energy, finance, climate and energy policy all preferred.
This position is based in Annapolis, Maryland (with remote work applicable at the time of hire due to the pandemic).
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Content Development & Marketing
- Develop a range of written materials that promote Hannon Armstrong’s impact and achievements to different stakeholder audiences,
- including media, clients, investors, employees, policymakers, industry groups, and influencers
- Prepare and edit high-quality communications materials such as company presentations, annual publications, employee updates,
- talking points, web articles, social posts, case studies, media pitches, blog posts, news releases, fact sheets, Q&As, digital ad copy,
- scripts, and more
- Support investment team RFP requests for data and messaging and contribute to the development and review of formal responses to
- clients and other key stakeholders
- Assist senior team members in developing new business initiatives (e.g., reviewing PowerPoint presentations and proposals, etc.)
- Work with the VP of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs on company-wide best practices, processes, and guidelines to ensure all
- communications follow Hannon Armstrong corporate visual and have consistency of style, tone, and voice
- Aid in content management for department, including cataloging imagery and case study resources
- Assist with earned media strategy to support the company’s strategic business priorities and measurably enhance the company’s
- Conduct media monitoring and analysis of climate and energy policy coverage impacting our key markets and asset classes
- Create and maintain media lists, track media coverage and compile media summaries
- Assist on the development and execution of advocacy strategies and tactics to help inform and shape stakeholders’ perceptions on key climate and energy policy issues that impact Hannon Armstrong and its business goals
- Support the operations of the Climate Solutions PAC
Owned and Social Media
- Update website content in coordination with team and agency partners
- Work with agency to develop and manage execution of the company’s social media strategy, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Drive digital channel growth and audience engagement using data to inform optimization and future strategies
- Support Hannon Armstrong’s ESG strategy with a particular focus on stakeholder engagement efforts with trade associations and other non-profit groups
- Assist with community-relations and philanthropic activities and events
- Provide administrative support where necessary for volunteer or local community partnership events, act as a roving reporter and
- photographer at onsite and local events
Speaking & Award Management
- Identify opportunities to participate in industry awards and events and develop speaking abstracts and award nominations
- Support executive external engagements/executive visibility opportunities where needed and ensure consistency of messages and
- external protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, political science, public policy, or another relevant field
- 5-8 years of professional experience in corporate communications/PR/public affairs experience (corporate, PR agency or trade
- association environment is preferred)
- Financial services and clean energy experience is highly desirable
Salary commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.
Job posted: 2021-03-18