Manager, Corporate ERG Programs
Under general supervision of the AVP, Community Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion, the Manager, Corporate ERG Programs, advances the D&I Strategy by managing the company’s ERGs. Develops and supports the ERGs including creating and executing strategies to thread ERG influence into organizational practices both internally and externally in the communities we serve. Provides guidance to existing ERG Leadership. Leads the execution of standing up new ERGs to include oversight and coordination of ERG applications, leadership interviews, and ERG leadership onboarding and offboarding.
- Interviews and/or approves job applicants for employment. Conducts and/or reviews associate performance appraisals. Initiates or approves salary adjustments, performance ratings, and other personnel changes. Counsels associates and takes disciplinary action or terminates the employment of associates as appropriate
- Champions D&I company-wide ERG execution.
- Provides effective guidance and oversight to ERGs and their leadership teams, ensuring alignment and integration of ERG plans with overall business objectives.
- Manages key ERG metrics and activities to include: Planning and execution of ERG Summits and Training; Developing ERG performance metrics dashboard; Identification of ERG opportunities using survey feedback; Evaluation of ERG Leadership team strengths and weakness in order to provide targeted coaching and assistance.
- Collaborates with ERG leadership, the D&I team, Executive Sponsors, and Community Engagement teams to develop new opportunities to drive business outcomes, execute strategies for retention and engagement, promotion of diverse talent, and diverse talent acquisition.
- Oversees and approves ERG budget and event spending. Reports ERG budgetary spend quarterly.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards.
- Prepares department business plans, staffing projections and budgets. Requisitions supplies and materials necessary for efficient operation. Reviews plans and budgets periodically to achieve cost reduction where possible.
- Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
- Meets attendance standard at business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with subordinates and management.
- BA/BS or higher, preferably in organizational or training and development fields.
- At least 2 years previous supervisory/management experience required.
- Preferably has experience in the D&I field or as a D&I practitioner.
- Experience in course design and training evaluation.
- Experience in working with and presenting to different levels of leadership.
- Excellent proven leadership and communication skills.
- Position will be in Chevy Chase once GEICO associates return to work
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing, speaking, bending, reaching, lifting, and standing for extended periods
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds of equipment and materials
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and written correspondence/email
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity for learning technical concepts and adapting to new technologies
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position could be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area or in the physical office. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
As a Manager, you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-05-22