Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager Corporate and Government Affairs
The Manager of Corporate and Government Affairs will lead the legislative effort to advance the companies public policy goals at the state and federal levels. In addition, will drive legislation to align with the Elekta’s business objectives. This individual will be responsible for directing daily and long-term activities for this department protecting and promoting the interests of the company with key legislative bodies and regulatory agencies. While also serving as the company’s liaison to members of congress and industry groups to benefit the company’s mission.
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Corporate and Government Affairs to help identify and develop Elekta’s lobbying and political action strategies on priority federal legislative and policy issues, including direct lobbying and grassroots outreach for integrated effective advocacy across all levels of government and within appropriate industry associations; as well as leveraging independent consultants to help achieve objectives.
- Work with the Senior Vice President to help develop, manage and cultivate engagement with key US and international stakeholders on critical issues which affect business value. Key stakeholders include the White House, key US Government Agencies, both Houses of Congress, industry associations, NGOs, think tanks, and international institutions. Make certain the companies “voice” is heard in the public policy process
- Work with the Reimbursement and Market Access team on reimbursement initiatives and federal agency engagement to drive Elekta’s reimbursement strategy across product lines.
- Develop technical expertise as needed to advocate on issues of importance to Elekta.
- Help maximize the effectiveness with trade associations by making them aware of key priorities, the analytics behind them and the imperative to support them proactively.
- Assist with providing oversight of the development, implementation and monitoring of lobbying activities and functions, including but not limited to, the following: drafting issue briefs, lobbying points on important issues; drafting letters to Members of Congress, Administration officials, working with coalitions and trade associations to broaden and enhance presence and leadership.
- Enhance Internal Communications tools such the HP&GA newsletter, The Elekta Connect, and support our external communications teams by sharing relevant content for distribution through multiple channels.
- Lead efforts on Crisis Communications with the Regional Senior leadership team as needed
- Manage and drive participation in Elekta’s political action committee (PAC), Elekta PAC, including organizing annual PAC presentations and membership solicitations, developing and managing communications to PAC members, attending events on behalf of Elekta PAC, and supporting PAC board meetings and other PAC events
- Helps write and review policies that support organizational goals. Provides top management with regular reports on potential opportunities and areas for concern.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (Masters Preferred) in area of specialty
- At least 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to make judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks.
- Have leadership skills to direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Job posted: 2022-04-19