Manager, Corporate Reputation and Public Affairs Research
Global Strategy Group
Washington, DC/New York, NY
Global Strategy Group (GSG), a research and public affairs firm, seeks a Manager specializing in corporate reputation, public affairs, and message development research to join our growing team. GSG works with companies, causes, and candidates to develop and execute memorable and effective reputation and public affairs campaigns – the individual we are looking for will play a direct and major role in conducting the research and developing the strategy to bring these campaigns to life.
The ideal candidate will serve as a well-rounded and knowledgeable research expert and leader to clients, internal business development teams, and project management teams. Specifically, candidates should have extensive experience conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research for:
• Corporate reputation tracking
• Creative testing
• Message development
• Thought leadership
• Public affairs
• Brand positioning
The role requires a proactive resourceful researcher with superior attention to detail and critical thinking skills, who brings positive and collaborative relationships to clients and members of the team.
- Managing qualitative and quantitative research projects from beginning to end, driving each project forward with minimal supervision
- Developing survey questionnaires and qualitative research materials, including screeners and discussion guides
- Conceptualizing and producing strategic and actionable analyses and deliverables – both written memos and visual PowerPoint presentations
- Establishing and cultivating strong client relationships to successfully manage day-to-day needs and expectations
- Actively overseeing and troubleshooting research projects, including testing for respondent experience, reviewing programming logic and partial data, proofing toplines and crosstabs, discussing weighting targets with data team, and actively monitoring any data quality and fielding issues
- Supporting new business process, helping to produce, edit, and deliver business proposals and pitch presentations
- Training, managing, and mentoring junior staff
- 4-6 years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research with a focus on corporate reputation and/or branding, messaging, and/or public affairs research
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, as well as a keen eye for detail, with the ability to take a project and run with it from conception to completion
- Strong writing skills and a high level of comfort developing messaging
- Strong analytical skills – going beyond descriptive findings to tell a story with actionable recommendations
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Consulting mindset with an interest in building relationships with clients
- Team player with the ability to mentor and train entry-level employees, work with more senior members of the team, and partner with communications team
- A desire to push the envelope and bring new, innovative research methods to the table
- Interest in new business development, including writing creative proposals, developing pitch decks, and working toward a larger new business strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover note which highlights your relevant experience and why you think you would be a good fit for our team. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-21