Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility
Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now’ so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
This people leadership role is responsible for driving social compliance strategies with Express vendors and agents and is particularly focused on creating Corporate water conservation and climate / environmental impact goals. This position tracks and understands global trends pertaining to social compliance and labor conditions; designs and ensures tools and methodologies are delivered which analyze human rights and environmental sustainability risks associated with suppliers; continuously evaluates performance against relevant sourcing, importing, and manufacturing processes and makes recommendations based on findings; creates, oversees, and drives Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) following audits, and develops effective partnerships with strategic vendors
- Drives social compliance strategies with Express vendors and agents and develops effective partnerships with strategic vendors
- Creates Corporate water conservation and climate/environmental impact goals
- Monitors, understands, and tracks global trends pertaining to social compliance and labor conditions
- Monitors compliance and traceability practices with strategic mills
- Develops strong partnerships with Sourcing leadership and teams to guide and to communicate Supply Chain risks and mitigation opportunities
- Leads the design and delivery of tools and methodologies which analyze human rights and environmental sustainability risks associated with suppliers
- Continuously evaluates performance against relevant sourcing, importing, and manufacturing processes
- Makes recommendations based on trend, analyses, and performance against metrics
- Creates, oversees, and drives Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) following audits and develops effective partnerships with strategic vendors for CAP utilization and follow through
- Manages, guides, and coaches Corporate Responsibility Analyst
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Government, Business Management, or Environmental Science; equivalent work experience considered
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Environmental, Social, and Govenerance
- 2+ years managerial experience
- Experience creating and implementing corporate social responsibility policies and programs
- Experience conducting periodic CSR program reviews to assess outcomes and effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with strategic vendors
- Clear understanding of global trends and practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop Corrective Action Plans and to drive utilization with vendors
- Thorough understanding of industry standards for measurement
Critical Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communicator particularly to senior leader and executive audiences
- Highly collaborative leader especially with cross functional teams
- Excellent project manager
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-14