Manager, Digital Communications Channels
Thank you for your interest in careers at AAFP!
The American Academy of Family Physicians and its chapters proudly represent more than 134,600 family physician, resident, and medical student members. Family physicians play a critical role in improving the health of patients, families, and communities across the United States.
The AAFP is committed to helping family physicians improve the health of Americans by advancing the specialty of family medicine, saving members time, and maximizing the value of membership. Our focus every day is to help family physicians spend more time doing what they do best: providing quality and cost-effective patient care. The AAFP delivers value to its members through each of its strategic priorities.
For the Hearing Impaired our TTY number is: (913) 906-6333
Minorities are encouraged to apply. We thank all respondents for their interest in AAFP.
Interested in this position? Apply on-line and create a personal candidate account!
Current Employees of AAFP – Please use the internal careers portal to apply for positions.
Possible 3-5 days travel per year
The Manager, Digital Communications Channels, leads the team responsible for strategy and execution of digital communications channels including AAFP websites and social media channels. This position is also responsible for channel governance, digital commerce projects, evaluating channel effectiveness, evolving existing channels, and evaluating and developing potential new digital communications channels.
Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related area, with specialized knowledge in a technical field, plus a minimum of ten years of related work experience.
Required skills for success include:
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills consistent with consulting role, including persuasion and thought leadership
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team including providing ongoing coaching and feedback
- Excellent project and time management
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Principles of content strategy and content marketing with previous experience in content strategy, content marketing, or ecommerce
- Experience with online content and content management system (Adobe Experience Manager preferred), experience with SEO management, optimization, best practices and user testing strategies
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategy
- High standard of professionalism, including commitment to professional development
Additional skills desirable for this position include:
- Strong understanding of user experience best practices
- Understanding of web and social media analytics with the ability to develop performance read-outs
Helping Family Physicians Advance Health
Why work for us?
The work of the AAFP serves family physicians so they can best care for their patients and communities. Our work is driven by this mission.
Attracting good people, and keeping them, is essential to the strategy of a successful organization. We recognize that our success depends on the quality of our staff. We need to attract talented, qualified professionals and provide them with opportunities for advancement in all aspects of their professional life.
Our Staff Model our Organization’s Values and Culture
Achieving our mission requires great people who have high integrity and are creative, energetic, and mission-driven. Our staff model our culture by demonstrating the following:
Value the family physician member – our primary customer.
- Treat each other with mutual respect
- Deal with conflicts directly and respectfully
- Take personal responsibility, including accountability for commitments, results and quality
- Commit to learning and developing self and others
- Work effectively together in a collaborative manner
- Keep it fun by enjoying our work, celebrating our successes and maintaining a balanced life
All AAFP work locations and the entire Leawood campus are tobacco free workplaces.
Job posted: 2020-08-28