Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Digital Communications & Member Services
The Manager, Digital Communications & Member Services, creates digital content that informs and engages both internal and external stakeholders. This position manages AACTE’s online and digital presence, including maintaining the AACTE website, designing and distributing electronic communications to members and key partners, and creating digital content. This role oversees AACTE’s digital communication platforms, including email marketing tools and social media, to produce content that is, current, well-organized, engaging, and user-friendly. This position provides staff support for AACTE’s web development and other managed service technology providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, update, and maintain digital content for AACTE’s website and serve as the main point of contact for internal requests and troubleshooting of tech-related issues.
- Manage digital communication platforms, including email marketing tools and social media platforms.
- Create and distribute communications collateral, including items such as audio/video, social, and digital assets.
- Publish and ensure timely content updates across all AACTE digital platforms, as well as provide quality control for content being posted.
- Work in conjunction with Member Services & Events staff and/or external partners to track and report metrics for evaluating overall digital performance.
- Manage AACTE’s content management system (CMS) and website to ensure continuous improvement, increased activity and engagement, and timely and frequent content updates.
- Implement web and social media campaigns to increase engagement.
- Support production of AACTE newsletters, such as Ed Prep Matters, Education & Events, State Directions and Holmes Report, as well as additional electronic communications.
- Assist AACTE’s managed service technology provider and web development firms in resolving technical issues with the association’s software infrastructure.
- Produce and edit videos and digital content to support marketing and communications strategies as requested.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Makes decisions that fully support AACTE’s mission, purpose, and strategic goals.
- Integrates information from a variety of sources to make sound decisions based on pertinent facts and relevant data.
- Challenges using rational argument, experience, and evidence.
- Incorporates data and benchmarks into projects.
- Knows the data, facts, and figures associated with their projects and can provide answers when questioned.
- Effectively manage the line item, project, department, or grant budget.
- Keeps abreast of knowledge, outside developments, and trends to maintain expertise in the field.
- Know the specifics of their projects and updates other stakeholders of progress.
Customer Service, Internal & External
- Deliver maximum value to customers.
- Respond to the needs of our membership by interacting in a supportive way.
- Support internal colleagues by providing information and support in a timely and respectful manner.
Interdepartmental Communications and Relationships
- Effectively collaborate between internal departments and share pertinent information to relevant staff.
- Identifies key professional working relationships and works to develop them over time.
Up to 10% travel will be required, as needed, to meet position responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Marketing, Communications, IT, Journalism, or a related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in web development, digital communications, web content writing/editing, or related field
- Proven experience implementing best practices in digital communications, combined with strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with web content management systems
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), WordPress, video editing, and Google Analytics are preferred
- Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing, and meeting expectations and goals
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $59,000-$78,000 annually. AACTE offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance coverages as well as generous leave time. 403b and/Roth IRA retirement plans with employer match after 6 months.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
AACTE is committed to racial and social justice through creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Applicants from all underrepresented groups, including people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and DACA recipients are encouraged to apply.
This is primarily a remote position, with some necessary trips to the Washington DC national office and to AACTE events as required. Remote working conditions are characteristic of an office setting defined by the AACTE Remote Policy. In the national office, work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated. Physical demands required to perform work include walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AACTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits against harassment of any applicant or employee because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. AACTE allows for reasonable accommodations that enable an individual with a disability to participate in the application process, to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a job, and enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment that are available to individuals without disabilities
Job posted: 2022-06-19