Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Digital & Social Media Marketing
The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) is a Washington D.C.-based trade association and purpose-driven organization that supports the entire plastics supply chain. We believe in working to make our members and the industry more globally competitive. We believe in advancing sustainability and being a good steward of resources. We believe in promoting plastics manufacturing as a viable career option.
The PLASTICS Events Marketing team is an ambitious team responsible for the strategic development and implementation of multichannel marketing campaigns in support of approximately 20 topical in person and virtual meetings and events, including the association’s global triennial B2B trade show. This position supports a significant portion of this portfolio designing, implementing, and optimizing an omnichannel strategy across organic and paid media and digital touch points that acquires and engages members and meets product growth and goals.
• Owns highly visible organic and paid social campaigns, including bids and audiences, creatives, scheduling and testing, and overall management and monitoring of ongoing daily posts and campaigns.
• Develop strategic marketing plans for paid media that includes programmatic display and native advertising, look-a-like prospecting, third-party prospecting, site retargeting, and paid search.
• Plans and executes SEO strategy to enhance website visibility.
• Measure and analyze performance and identify trends, insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on insights.
• Responsible for setting up all DSP conversion tracking and attribution.
• Implement and continually test new creative messaging, landing pages, campaigns, and tools with the goal of driving increased engagement, leads, conversions, and followers month-over-month.
• Identifies critical conversion and drop-off points to optimize user funnels.
• Stay relevant on new social media tools and best practices to leverage technology and trends.
• Develop and maintain event editorial calendar(s), deliverables, and analytics for digital media performance, including tagging, tracking, and reporting.
• Write, edit, and proofread short- and long-form content, including blogs, articles, infographics, and social media content.
• Engage with plastics communities—members, thought leaders, stakeholders, influencers—to drive favorable conversations about the organization’s events.
• Assist with special projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
• Google Ads certification a plus but not required.
• Association experience a plus.
• Event/trade show experience a plus.
• Hands on experience managing Google Ads.
• Hands on experience managing LinkedIn Advertising.
• Experience in using audience research, advertising activation, and tracking tools such as Google Campaign Manager.
• Demonstratable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM strategy.
• Deep knowledge in digital media channels—programmatic, native, paid social
• Demonstratable experience leading and managing social media platforms—Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram.
• Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics, Hubspot, SEMrush, etc.).
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to turn analysis into actionable programs and ability to use data to optimize day-to-day performance.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders, internal and external.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
About Us:The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) is a dynamic organization with an ambitious team striving for growth and success. Together we shape the direction of the entire plastics industry. Employees can grow, learn, and impact both the industry and our association. We are passionate about sustainability and recycling initiatives.
We offer excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with employer contributions. We value a work-life balance.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to HR@plasticsindustry.org.
Job posted: 2022-07-17